Trade or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade or no?

I'm kinda iffy about an offer I've had in response to a kijiji ad for my 323 I was offered this '00 pro lx (es in the us).

Here's what the guy says about it (remember he's talking km's)

"Its a lx touring edition fully loaded. power sunroof, 15inch alloys (i have 2 sets ones on it and stock ones with winters), cruise control, spoiler, i installed a clarion cd deck with 6 disc cd changed **** hookup 2 10s in the trunk. its a 1.8l manual. body has 292k motor has about 140 still has like 2 months warranty left on it. im a mechanic i worked at mazda for 2 years prior to my current dealership and ive doen the motor myself. it has within the last 5 months of me owning it, new oem front and rear brakes, right rear abs sensor, rear shocks (kyb gr2s) umm in the 5 months ive owned it ive changed the oil 4 times so i take great care of it. ive done a tonne of stuff to it im blanking on it all right now its got a short ram intke on it. just put a brand new front cat on it about 5 days ago, i have a spare header for it. i dunno you gotta see it really ive done soo much to it and its really an awsome car. only things wrong with it is it would need a windshield i can get doen for super cheap and its got a bit of a squeek from the rear when going over bumps gonna need strut mounts which i should have done when i did the shocks but i didnt have the parts. thats the low down on it i dunno what else there is liek i said you gotta see it heres a couple pics."

I was hoping for a stock fairly looking car that would be easier to unload than a turbo 323 when I said I was willing to consider trades. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

You'd have to see it in person before making the decision.

Comment

Thats not even the good 3rd gen.
      Get/trade for an 01+ if anything.

Also if your main reason for getting it is latter trade in value the 3rd gens sedans don't have a high resale value even though they're newer but the P5's still hold there value very well.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I wanted to sell my car but was having trouble with getting interest (unless I was to ask $1500). My dad needs a new car and would like to but it from me if I trade. It seemed like a fairly painless way to get $4000-4500 out of my 323.

This is a link to auto trader price ranges on '00 pro's
        http://www.trader.ca/Members/ValueFi...=PROTEGE&CAT=1

Comment

There 3 on ebay all for under 3k.

Then again things still cost more in canada.

I don't like autotraders price range as some people feel there cars are worth silly amounts and jack up the median price.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

If anyone's wondering this trade was a no go. Car turned out to be a hack job pos.

I guess I need to get my letter from the mto to classify my car as a "hot rod" and therefore emissions exempt.

rant/ The stupid guys at the garage said "it's a mazda 1.8, they are all the same so it has to be tested as a 323 1.8L". Retards.... a b8 has low compression and egr thats why my F#$%ing NOx readings are too high! /rant

Comment

Working...
            X