Where i can tell the diference betwen 1.8 and 1.6 Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where i can tell the diference betwen 1.8 and 1.6 Miata

i have a friend that has a miata but will like to know where is the diference between the 1.6 engine from the 1.8!
    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

89-93 = 1.6

94 and up = 1.8
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

1.6 is smaller

1.8 is bigger

HOLY CRAP! I should do this for a living.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

most productive thread ever!
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

wrong section is very very wrong.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
            89-93 = 1.6

94 and up = 1.8
            Unless it's been swapped. Too lazy to type out the differences. Try Miata.net's FAQ.

What does this have to do with BGs, anyway?
            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
              Unless it's been swapped. Too lazy to type out the differences. Try Miata.net's FAQ.

What does this have to do with BGs, anyway?
              no clue but i cant fix it so ill leave that to the people who can
              -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

thanks for the replys, sorry for putting it in the wrong section.
                94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

Working...
                X