Clear All

after seeing this i might be getting a mazda

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/886937962.html hmm.... future dd
    sigpic

you live here in MN?

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
      you live here in MN?
      i live in fargo nd. im looking for a truck right now for under a grand, so i search minneapolis because its not too far away, and there are a lot more cars for sale. i just happend to run into this protoge and it gave me an idea. i only want a truck to pull sleds, reciever hitch on mazda? i think it could pull it off.
      Last edited by 1992tracerlts; 10-22-2008, 12:46 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

1500# is the hitch limit for proteges. a small 2 sled trailer with 2 sleds will max that easily. Maybe if you're pulling a single you'd be fine, but I'd go with a small truck if I needed to pull 2 sleds.

and by sleds you mean snowmachines (its not a GD snowmobile people, this isn't the 50's!)
        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

That's pretty cheap. Wonder if there's a lot of rust.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
            1500# is the hitch limit for proteges. a small 2 sled trailer with 2 sleds will max that easily. Maybe if you're pulling a single you'd be fine, but I'd go with a small truck if I needed to pull 2 sleds.

and by sleds you mean snowmachines (its not a GD snowmobile people, this isn't the 50's!)

yes "snowmachine" lol and it would be an aluminum 2 place trailer with one sled, and i dont really want truck gas mileage lol. its also hard to find a decent small truck for cheap, for some reason
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              That's pretty cheap. Wonder if there's a lot of rust.
              i emailed him for pics, he emailed me back saying he will get me some. that would be awesome if its pretty clean.
              sigpic

Comment

you want to get pics of both sides of the front inner fenders, the floors right under the pedals , the frame right over the rear subframe, the rear quarter panels just over the rear tires and the floor ( looks like a frame rail ) just under the rear doors ( where alot of ppl like to jack the car up ) ... those are the most common rust areas... how do i know? ..... dont ask

Comment

he just emailed me back saying there is rust under the doors, and the hood and front fender are blue, the rest of the car being tan. soo idk he said he will get me pics tommorow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                    you live here in MN?

you should go check it out for me lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X