Governor McGreevey of NJ Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Governor McGreevey of NJ Resigns

He says he is a "gay American" and due to an impending lawsuit has decided to give up his office. He said he had an adulterous relationship with another man.

02 DX Millenium Red
    Last edited by goldstar; 08-12-2004, 03:55 PM.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

new jersey was always an ass backwards state.. this only confirms my beliefs.. a married man with two children decides to openly admit he's gay?? what about his children?? what the **** are they going to have to go through? really, some people don't think before they speak

Comment

According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

NJ people are so fnny to see out of state, they need to get someone to help them pumo their own gas
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
            People who live in New Jersey!

02 DX Millenium Red
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

^^ hells yeah

WTF its probubly something mob related. Or just more politics i bet it was his only way out of a jam.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                ^^ hells yeah

WTF its probubly something mob related. Or just more politics i bet it was his only way out of a jam.
                Yes, I think some serious scandal is about to be revealed. There is talk that he had put his "friend" on the state payroll in a job as state security director that paid $110,000 per year. The man was later fired and as I understand it (I could be wrong here), this same individual may be bringing a sexual harassement lawsuit against McGreevey in retaliation.

Quite apart from the sexual aspects of McGreeveys tenure in office, he has been accused of a number of ethical lapses and misconduct in his behavior as governor but has never been legally charged in the formal sense. This, of course, may change as new revelations are brought forth.

The worst aspect of all of this is that McGreevey's resignation is not effective until November 15th. The reason for this is that according to NJ law, if a governor resigns this close to election day, a new election cannot be held for governor. Since NJ has no lieutenant governor position, the person chosen to replace McGreevey will be the president of the NJ senate. This man is a democrat like McGreevey, a close supporter of McGreevey and his policies and just another professional politician. Thus, the people of NJ will be denied the right to vote for a candidate of their own choosing and instead will have another McGreevey clone rammed down their throats.

If McGreevey resigned now or at least two months before the next election day (I believe that is the minimum time period specified by NJ law), a special election would be called and the people would have the right to choose whether it be another democrat, a republican or an independent. The fact that McGreevey is blocking this outcome is a final testament to the man's character and will always be remembered as a part of his legacy.

02 DX Millenium Red

Comment

as long as that doesn't happen in Texas (and never will, god forbid)
                  IDGAF
                  <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
                  AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                    as long as that doesn't happen in Texas (and never will, god forbid)
                    IDGAF
                    Wasn't he born and raised in Texas....

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                      ^^ hells yeah

yep, good old politics as usual

as if it was his conscience..........
                      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
                        Wasn't he born and raised in Texas....
                        ha ha. i see where that is going...
                        <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
                        AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Working...
                        X