No announcement yet.

My Encounter with a WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah at full boost I think I may be making about 220 to the wheels. Or atleast it sure as hell feels like it. I keep saying this, but at some point I am going to make it to a dyno. I just have a hard time getting myself to put down $60 to get a sheet of paper with numbers on it.

Comment

Yeah, but you'll do it eventually.

I know what you mean about not driving a slow turd anymore... I test drove a new Legacy GT a couple of days ago. It was so disappointing getting back in the Protege after that.

Comment

I'll have the money in the next month or so after I throw down about $1300 on wheels and tires. But I don't want to dyno in the winter because I am going to get higher #'s than I should.

Comment

how fast is your car in relationship to an msp? i have a friend that had an msp with intake, hard pipes, mbc, and turbo timer race another friend with a wrx with exhaust and high end it was dead even, but the wrex pulled from a dig due to the awd advantage. plus mazdaspeeds wheel hop like its funnAy

Comment

Don't forget they plenty upgrades for WRX's ...

he may have had a few..

So becareful.

----------------------

screw bush....
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

screw kerry...i mean yay kerry...i mean i cant make up my mind...just like kerry

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                how fast is your car in relationship to an msp? i have a friend that had an msp with intake, hard pipes, mbc, and turbo timer race another friend with a wrx with exhaust and high end it was dead even, but the wrex pulled from a dig due to the awd advantage. plus mazdaspeeds wheel hop like its funnAy
                I haven't had a chance to run with a modified MSP or stock one for that matter. My friend who works at a Mazda dealership had a speed that was dynoe'd at 200whp and 195lb tq. I wanted to race him but he sold the car two nights ago. He probably would have killed me though, he had alot of **** that nobody knew about. Like port and polished head, forged rods, forged pistons, Greddy E-manage. His 200whp dyno was before these mods I believe. Not to sure though, he just kind of sprung it all on me at once.

There are a couple of speeds around though, I'll see if I can't get them to come to the track some night.

Comment

well...if you can run. or run a stock speed...you might get an idea of what you can do against teh wrex. stock wrex is 14.5-14.2ish range

Comment

it's alot of driver too... (in ref to the TSI AWD) I ran a GSX at the rack once and beat him! yes, my piddley little 115whp beat him...why? cause he can't drive..bogged it off the line and might have missed a shift. mind you it was close... my 16.9 to his 17.0....but hey, a win is a win That was my one and only time at a drag strip...ran 4 cars, went 2 for 4.

At the time Braden was running mid to high 13's with his GTX @ 20psi.

I commend you for NOT street racing, good call to take it to the track!

Comment

WRXs are easy to mod, you can push 275 whp and nobody would even know it, hell an ecu reflash will get you ~25 whp by itself. . . let alone stage 2 with supporting mods.

Comment

Instead of starting a new thead, I'll just add it in here. Another WRX wanted some tonight. From what I could tell the only mod he had was an exhaust. I was cruising home doing the speed limit when I see him coming up behind me. I thought at first it was a MSP. So he is going about 5 miles faster than me. I let him go, but I stayed about 2 cars behind just incase we came up on a light. We got up to about 65 and then he tried to gun it. I was in 4th gear and didn't bother downshifting, just punched it. It took me no time at all to catch him and pass him. Makes me really wonder what kind of power I am making.

BTW, I am now running 8psi daily thanks to my JoeP MBC. And no boost creap at all. I would have owned him harder had my clutch not slipped the entire way. It's no fun when your clutch is slipping at over 100mph.

Comment

Nice kill, nice sig!

Comment

As soon as I can buy some new tires for the Racing Harts and pay off what I owe on the new wheels, I will take it to the dyno. Tonight really makes me curious to see the #'s. I just need enough cash to make it through the winter. All my parts are going to be installed when spring rolls back around. My closet is already starting to collect parts. You will be a bit suprised when I finally post pictures of what I have done.

Comment

taking it to the track is the smartest thing to do but you'll never have the rush that you get from doing it on the street

Comment

Working...
                              X