For all you header guys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you header guys..

Yeah.. i don't own a protege.. but figured this would be the best place to ask, when you've removed sections of your exhaust and placed them back exactly as they were, is it always necessary to replace the exhaust gaskets on each uninstallation of your exhuast piping? my buddy and i are going about dropping the exhaust to get the oil pan down to replace that gasket because it's leaking like a banshee and smokin pretty bad. was kinda curious if i didn't replace the piping gaskets if i'd be looking for trouble.. the advance problem to this is i haven't a friggin clue what size or style gasket i'd be looking for in the first place. and just for your referrence, this is a 94 mercury sable.
    kevin

I would, as long as Ford still makes the part. Do you know what material the gasket is made out of? If it's a nice 3 layer metal like the mazda one, you could probably get away with it.. *shrug(
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

^^^ depending on its condition. when i pulled my manifold gasket off, it was burnt to a crisp, and i had to get a new one...id just go to autozone and get the gaskets youll need...it was 15 bux for my new mani gasket

Comment

it's just a solid piece of pipe connecting the header to the cat.. however, this pipe isn't made of flex and requires gaskets on either end..hence my asking about replacing these gaskets. figure just as a safe guard

Comment

those will most likely be those cork type gaskets, and need to be replaced

Comment

just dreading spending 200 in parts just for the simple crap i need.. but likewise.. money is money, this things only gonna last me another year or so anyway.. but such is life when you drive a ford

Comment

Working...
            X