Flood pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood pics

Here's some pics from my area from when the remnants of Ivan came through. I took some too, haven't pulled them off my camera yet, these are better since they're from a plane

These pics are from lock haven, I live in williamsport which is about 30 miles away, but also right next to the river. Looks like LH was hit a lot worse than we were in terms of flood damage.
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

i drove clear up 611 this past week to see this first hand and up 263 to new hope. ALL of new hope was flooded out along main street, as well as the bridge was put out of commission with the water level rising to just 6 inches below the bridge that crosses into jersey at new hope. needless to say, the lehigh flooded it's boundaries just north of the water gap.. laying 611 to waste and cutting the town of easton literally IN HALF!! this is truely something to remember, especially since my car was turned into a log flume running up 611.. not noticing nearly 6 inches of water flowing across the road.. it's nuts.
    kevin

Comment

Yea but the sad thing is that we fared pretty well considering dozens of people died from the actual full-force of the hurricane in FL and AL. This will definately be something I remember for a long time though, people said it hasn't been this bad since '72, and it was probably worse than that yet. Amazing
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
      X