Night photography (no 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night photography (no 56k)

I've been experimenting with long exposure photography at night... just thought I'd share a couple of my recent shots. The color is a *little* better on the actual print, cause my scanner sucks.
    Attached Files

I like that second picture. I especially like the "Just Go Slow" sign.

Comment

yeah.. I like night shots... but I don't keep the shutter open to long ...
      lights seem to burn themselves out.

here are some of mine... they have been resized...

Last edited by bruce95fmla; 10-15-2004, 12:56 PM.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sweet
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

here is another if it fits
          Attached Files

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Nice work Bruce, I like those a lot. I'm pretty limited here because the town is tiny, I honestly can't find any other good places to take night pictures except variations of the ones I already posted. I've been experimenting with longer exposures... the second one is only two seconds but the one on the top was almost twenty. I wanted to see how long I could leave it open without destroying the picture, because I really like the streaked cars.

BTW, were you using a star filter on those last three? And was the lens wet on the last one, or is that another type of filter that got you the flares all over?

Comment

wow great pictures guys. You guys got some real good talent. Wish you guys could take pics of my car. Make her look out-of-this-world.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreat1x2002
                wow great pictures guys. You guys got some real good talent. Wish you guys could take pics of my car. Make her look out-of-this-world.
                Take a road trip up here and I'd be happy to take some pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                  Nice work Bruce, I like those a lot. I'm pretty limited here because the town is tiny, I honestly can't find any other good places to take night pictures except variations of the ones I already posted. I've been experimenting with longer exposures... the second one is only two seconds but the one on the top was almost twenty. I wanted to see how long I could leave it open without destroying the picture, because I really like the streaked cars.

BTW, were you using a star filter on those last three? And was the lens wet on the last one, or is that another type of filter that got you the flares all over?
                  lol It was raining that day.. and the lens got wet. .. I didn't use any filters with those photo's.. I just tried to play with the timing to get the camera to record exactly what my eye sees. (Good thing about digital camera's ) ...

I don't usually post my photo's, but I liked the ones you posted and felt like sharing also ...

I took the one in my sig also ... (was just playing with the macro mode.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Good pictures. I have a few long exposures, maybe I will post them in a minute.

Comment

Here are some of mine.

I have more stuff at Damodi Media

Comment

wow those are all really cool +1 for everyone!
                        91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by damodi
                          Here are some of mine.

I have more stuff at Damodi Media
                          Wow, great work! I just looked through your whole gallery... a lot of that is very similar to my own stuff. Although you have done better with vivid colors than I have. What kind of camera/film are you using?

Comment

heres one of my car not nearly as exciting as all of yours but i like the colors and figured i'd post it.
                            Attached Files
                            91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

Still a very nice shot!

Comment

Working...
                              X