Pistons/Pacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
    I posted a link the other day, and on the other side of that link was another link to the worlds greatest basketball brawls....LOL...theres more of them than you think.
    i'll definately watch them tomorrow before the game, it's just growing up in the City of Brotherly love, the great days of Dr. J are all said and done, and all were left with is a ghetto punk like Iverson. i've had the great honor of going to 2 Harlem Globetrotter games in my life.. but thats the extent of my enjoyment of basketball. so ultimately, i just don't like the sport :p:
    kevin

Comment

Artest suspended for the rest of the season without pay.. how's that for 'court' justice :p: what a fruit

Comment

Pacers lose O'Neal for 25 games, Jackson for 30

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Ron Artest was suspended for the rest of the season Sunday as the NBA came down hard on three members of the Indiana Pacers for fighting with fans when a melee broke out at the end of a game against the Detroit Pistons.

Overall, nine players from the teams were banned for 143 games, including some of the harshest penalties the league ever issued. Artest is the first player to be suspended for nearly an entire season for a fight during a game.

NBA's Longest Suspensions
        Games Player and Team Reason and Year
        72 Ron Artest, Pacers Fought with fans at Detroit, 2004
        68 Latrell Sprewell, Warriors "Physically assaulted" coach, 1997
        30 Stephen Jackson Fought with fans at Detroit, 2004
        26 Kermit Washington, Lakers Punched Rudy Tomjanovich, 1977
        25 Jermaine O'Neal, Pacers Fought with fans at Detroit, 2004
        11 Dennis Rodman, Bulls Kicked courtside TV photographer, 1997
        10 games Vernon Maxwell, Rockets Hit fan in stands, 1995

Indiana's Stephen Jackson was suspended for 30 games and Jermaine O'Neal for 25. Detroit's Ben Wallace -- whose shove of Artest after a foul led to the 5-minute fracas -- drew a six-game ban, while Pacers guard Anthony Johnson got five games.

Four players were suspended for a game apiece: Indiana's Reggie Miller, and Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman.

All of the suspensions are without pay.

Artest, O'Neal and Jackson -- who all threw punches at fans in the stands or on the court at the end of the nationally televised Pacers-Pistons game Friday night -- began serving their suspensions Saturday. Indiana, limited to just six players because of the suspensions and injuries, dropped an 86-83 decision to Orlando.

"The actions of the players involved wildly exceeded the professionalism and self-control that should fairly be expected from NBA players," NBA commissioner David Stern said in a statement, adding that the league must not "allow our sport to be debased by what seem to be declining expectations."

The NBA also has to "redefine the bounds of acceptable conduct for fans attending our games and resolve to permanently exclude those who overstep those bounds," Stern said.

He added that security procedures in all NBA arenas will be reviewed and rules need to be added to prevent a repeat of what happened at Auburn Hills, Mich., on Friday.

The brawl was particularly violent, with Artest and Jackson bolting into the stands near center court and throwing punches at fans after debris was tossed at the players.

Later, fans who came onto the court were punched in the face by Artest and O'Neal.

Nine people were treated for injuries, and police are investigating possible criminal charges.

Wallace began the fracas by delivering a hard, two-handed shove to Artest after Wallace was fouled on a drive to the basket with 45.9 seconds remaining. After the fight ended, the referees called off the rest of the game.

The initial skirmish wasn't all that bad, with Artest retreating to the scorer's table and lying atop it after Wallace sent him reeling backward. But when a fan tossed a cup at Artest, he stormed into the stands, throwing punches as he climbed over seats.

Jackson joined Artest and threw punches at fans, who punched back. At one point, a chair was tossed into the fray.
        2000 DX, Blue
        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Those fans were a bunch of idiots and deserved the beat down on tv. What would make you do something sooo stupid? Probably the liqour made him think he was invincible.

Anyone gonna post a link to the whole fight?

XLerate93: that clip shows the best punch I've seen in a while. It looked like he was sliding and still connected well. That guy went down like a ton of bricks.

If you guys like sprorts fight look up the clemson/south carolina football fight f%#$ing wonderful
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

I found this, but I haven't watched the clip I don't know what it shows.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Main article, to the right, it says "The Brawl: Photos | Video"

Comment

This is probably the funniest one.

Caption: " Fan in the fight
              A Detroit Pistons fan lies on the floor after being hit by both the Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest during the altercation."

Last edited by XLerate93; 11-22-2004, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Piston/Pacers fight Links (some repeats):

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3181934?GT1=5713 (scroll down to video link)
                ED

Comment

I think the suspensions were way to brutal. Artest really didnt throw any punches until that fat guy stepped to him talking **** on court. And jackson and oneill were just protecting their guy. If you watch, jackson had atleast one hand on artest the whole time.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

That video was hilarious, and I too think the penalties were too harsh. What can you do when they wanna make "examples" out of people though.

Comment

40% of NBA players have a criminal record, what would you expect watching basketball? i just found that out and shocked me people would let their little kids watch ex-cons and look up to as role models
                      kevin

Comment

I wonder what the percentage is when queried as to how many have cases pending...Ive seen at least 3 on the news this week.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

criminal record.. pending or not, they're thugs :p:. kinda puts the nfl to shame, but they're not much better

Comment

That more reason, as a fan, not to do somethin so incredible stupid as throwing a cup of beer at a basketball player. That guy must've thought he was superman.

Of all the cameras there I'll be pissed if they can't identify the guy that threw the cup. I read some articles saying Artest punched the wrong guy.
                            ED

Comment

bull****, those penalties were fine. So artest can back away from Wallace but attack a fan, especially a fan that didn't do anything. The man that he attacked didn't throw the cup, the women to the left of him did. And no matter what happens, you don't go into the fans. And Jermaine O'Neal should be out longer, b/c he is a ****in pussy for that cheap shot on the guy. Real tough, punching a guy when he isn't looking. Takes a real man to do that.
                              2000 DX, Blue
                              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                              X