does anybody have $1,100,000 i can borrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
    Uhm, guys... you can't just go to a ferrari dealership and order an Enzo. With a car like an Enzo, Ferrari comes to you, because you deserve that car. Ferrari has always been this way with their top of the line cars. Like the F50... for the first 4 years, you couldnt actually "own" the car, you could only lease it from ferrari for some astronomical amount that usually isn't discussed. but at least they aren't quite the bitches that TVR is... on the Cerberra speed 12, the hood is locked down and only TVR has the key, and it is only given to you once the warranty expires (word of mouth).

/meh... for that price, give me a koenigsegg
    mostly right.. one of the exotic car exhibition shows on tlc or discovery was saying you needed to basically be in bed with the ferrarri company to get one.. ie a long time ferrari owner, and you can own them outright.. just that you'll have to wait for a 12 month delivery date. it's retarded.. but generally, the enzo is vastly unavailable to the general public.. let alone wealthy enough to afford such a wasteful automobile

Comment

Originally posted by Astyl
      You Pull up in a 69 Chevelle SS, everyone notices
      not necessarily... at all.

a. not everyone (actually a rather small percentage) knows what a chevelle looks like.
      b. The amount of people into muscle cars is pretty small compared to the general population.
      c. Not everyone likes chevelles... like me

to a fairly large percentage, a nicely built chevelle is as eye catching as a loud civic with a fresh paint. If they don't know it, it wont matter to them. Enzo looks different than anything else... just like all the other super cars. You might have no idea what it is, but you'll still be staring at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreator

a. not everyone (actually a rather small percentage) knows what a chevelle looks like.
        b. The amount of people into muscle cars is pretty small compared to the general population.

to a fairly large percentage, a nicely built chevelle is as eye catching as a loud civic with a fresh paint. If they don't know it, it wont matter to them. Enzo looks different than anything else... just like all the other super cars. You might have no idea what it is, but you'll still be staring at it.
        pretty much what I was thinking... but I do like Chevelle's
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
          Stupid idea. I'm with slayer, I'd never spend that much money on a car, either. I'd buy an arial atom for $40k and it would be a much cooler non-practical balls-to-the-wall sports car.

road, off-road, track wherever you go, go in your ariel Atom Nomad dash

It's almost as damn freaking quick as one, too. Sure you don't get 220+ mph, but who the crap-monkey cares.
          check out a vid of the Atom at work... http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14042

'90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

The general population dosent know what the hell sports cars are, is right

I bet you anything if you went on a roadtrip and took all the badges off a corvette, half the people wouldent know what kinda car or even what make it is
            reminds me of when I used to work at the mall back in MD, people would park in the firelane at the other end of the shopping center and the rent-a-cop would come ask me what they were so he wouldn't have to walk down there I could give him make/model and a good estimate of the year for any car.
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I dont think they care much about bang for there buck. If they have the money to drop over a million on a car they prob have a slew of super cars and just want another toy. Most of them will prob drive it 50 mile and never take its over 100

Comment

Originally posted by Kreator

I dunno, you don't have to know what the car is to notice it... I mean girls do this all the time. They say "Oooooh, look at that car, what is it?" Just because you don't know what a car is doesn't mean it wouldn't get noticed.

A big, bulky, mean looking loud car pulling up, chances are it will get it's fair share of notice from people.

You may not LIKE the car, but at least you'll get noticed in something big and mean
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                  A big, bulky, mean looking loud car pulling up, chances are it will get it's fair share of notice from people.

You may not LIKE the car, but at least you'll get noticed in something big and mean
                  chevelle looks like any other road wagon from the 60-70. If it's got a fresh paint, it will stand out, but so will a freshly painted civic. and loudness? 1/2 the cars have "performance" mufflers now.

All i'm saying, if you are an average guy, you won't notice a chevelle among 20 cars at a traffic light. You will notice an enzo.

Comment

If you dont know anything or dont appreciate the classics, your gonna go for the hyped up overpriced "supercars"
                    thats a pretty bold statement just because its a classic, doesn't mean everyone has to like them and drive them if they can afford it. Not to mention that they are in different price categories (by the most part)

Comment

Working...
                    X