Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OMGWTF] a rant about US rallying (boring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OMGWTF] a rant about US rallying (boring)

So, last weekend we happen to have lotsa freaking fun at sandhills sandblast rally. So now we are starting to get ready for cherokee trails... exactly up until the point where we see the entry fees: $725 for the Eastern States Championship.

LKFHDSJS:DFLDLJFSLF WTF?! Ok i'm not being cheap and all, and i'm due on prolly just half of that, but holy ****! And that's not including gas, hotels, food, making the new exhaust that we kinda wasted last time and getting new suspension for the car (stock rx-7s don't really have clearence for rallying... really).

Really, REALLY reconsidering if i can afford this sport....

P.S. Blah, if i could only remember whoever passed the stupid bug onto me. i'd kill the fawker.

blah.

lol holy crap how many races does that include because for that amount i could do.... 29 autoxs!!!! any pictures from the other rally?
    91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

1 race, 9-10 stages, about 130 miles. autocross is nothing like rallying. More like rallycross, but thats boring (although much more affordable). Lets say this past weekend, at Sno*Drift rally, which is held on ice/snow mix, fastest speed was registered at i believe 105mph. Think it compares to auto-x?

yeah yeah, buy a rally car, heard that before. Thats what i WAS planning on doing next year, after codriving this one for a friend. But i might be rethinking purchasing the car and just keep codriving for some time, sticking to rallycross, autocross and hillclimbs, cuz these prices are insane. My pockets aint that deep.

btw, pictures from sandblast: http://sandblastrally.com/gallery/main.php/view/2005/

Comment

i think i can understand why rally is so much now. i mean i was thinking about it and they have to block off and get insurance on all the land they need to use. there are probably emt crews on hand. it is 130 mi, they have to find that much course. so i can see where the money goes. (correct me if im wrong i'm just trying to figure this out)
        91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

insurance is the most cost. Then there is definately incentive for owners to allow racing on their roads and pay off organizers. Most people that work time controls and around courses are volunteers. It's just getting to a point where a little more will start causing people to withdraw as they wont be able to afford.

Comment

Working...
          X