Sanctuary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary?

Alright, i need someone too clear some things up for me please....

Is it true that a church is a "sanctuary?... So if you rob a bank, and your getting chased by the cops.. you can run into a church and claim sanctuary and they cant touch you?

And that whatever you say in the confessional booth is between you and the priest.. and its illegal for them too share it with anyone else... so you could tell the priest you murdered 10 people and there bodies are rotting in your basement.. and the priest cant even tell anyone about it??

Some of these little technicalities seem pretty dumb
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Micheal Corleone confessed to a priest and nothing happened.

If cops chase you into a building, they, most likely, would just surround the place and wait for you to come out.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i do not believe you can claim sanctuary to avoid criminal prosecution. And IIRC a priest (or whoever) has the same implied confidentiality as a doctor or lawyer, so unless you're about to kill yourself or someone else they can't say anything. If you killed 10 people and had them rotting in your basement then your priest couldn't say anything to anybody but you!
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I dunno if thats exactly true tho, because on base we have the right to go into the base chapel church and apprehend a person if they go in there.

ive always heard that a preiest cannot say what someone confessed but im sure it has its limits i mean how ****ed up will the priest be if he knows someone killed someone and there was no justice done? means he going to hell to lol

Comment

Thats on base though... im pretty sure normal citizen rules are different
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Comment

haha, normal people rules are different.

and last time I checked there were only 10 commandments and there wasnt one about ratting someone out.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
              Thats on base though... im pretty sure normal citizen rules are different

True, i would assume its the same though but i really dont know

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                ive always heard that a preiest cannot say what someone confessed but im sure it has its limits i mean how ****ed up will the priest be if he knows someone killed someone and there was no justice done? means he going to hell to lol
                well on Law & Order they had a lawyer whose client told him where he'd hidden all the bodies of women he'd killed and that lawyer couldn't tell. So I would assume that the clergy are in the same boat... you tell them you killed someone they might make you do about a million Hail Marys and Our Fathers though!
                '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Just kill the preist to make sure he won't rat you out.
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                    True, i would assume its the same though but i really dont know
                    Atleast if your in the service and live on base ( no bills ) and you go too iraq, you have no place too spend your money.... so you come back and have like 20 grand too do whatever you want with
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

Atleast if your in the service and live on base ( no bills ) and you go too iraq, you have no place too spend your money.... so you come back and have like 20 grand too do whatever you want with
                      yeh the military is a real good way to make some hella good money and get rich lol

ehh, could be true but not in my case because i have so much im still paying for, and even though im a cop in the airforce and they could use us in iraq they havent called us up nor do we even plan on going, could possibly do a tour of duty and make some good money but i havent done one

Comment

ha, who doesn't have bills? ever heard of cellphones or insurance?

I didn't have $20 grand when I got back from Iraq... I don't know what I spent all that damn money on but I sure didn't have that much when I got home
                        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Can some of you service guys clear this up for me also...

Say you want too be a cop, but dont wanna go too the college for it

Can you join the MP, and then when your 4 years are up, youll be qualified too be a civilian cop? or do they only take college graduates and not former MP's
                          Joe H
                          2000 Chevy Impala
                          3400 3.4 Liter V6
                          Fun Times

Comment

to be a civilian cop all you need is a high school diploma

Comment

I thought you had too have a criminal justice diploma or something
                              Joe H
                              2000 Chevy Impala
                              3400 3.4 Liter V6
                              Fun Times

Comment

Working...
                              X