Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....I GOT FIRED!!!

[Rant]
    So yesterday I walk into work and everything seems out of place. The faces that I'm used to seeing are'nt where their supposed to be. Instead I walk in to about 15 new faces. Got pulled aside my one of my supervisors, and then ****canned. They said they let 20 of us go because we failed to comply with the Internet usage policy. Thats total bs, They said that I had went to innappropriat adult sites at work but could not present me with a proxy report to back it up....anyways i walk out completely calling bull**** to their faces.

Today, I got a call from this guy who has worked there for about 12 years. This guy doesnt get on the internet at all, and he got fired for the same thing. We start talking and realizing some **** we've been noticing. For the last month or so, MGMT has be giving tours to strange faces and explaining our jobs to them. We didnt think anything of this. Just a couple of weeks this new kid was hired and he let it slip that he was making about $10/hr less than the rest of us.....we just thought he was getting screwed over. Then the other day we get this memo talking about this equipment upgrade that enterprise is doing thats going to mean that the Technical Support Center was going to need more help....we though ok more people are going to get jobs...Then the day after that we get this memo that upper management was walking through and noticed alot of people on the internet and that they were going to run proxy reports and see just what we were looking at. ...Yeah ****ing right.

Anyways, like I said 20 of us ended up getting fired, and the "strange faces" that I saw when i walked in, were replacements that have been training for the last month to take our jobs for less money than we were making...Great.

So now Im trying to get Unemployement to pay the $1600/ month bills that I have and I'm having trouble because of my "reason" for being terminated...this is the problem with a private company, they can just make up any kind of excuse to get rid of us. The sad thing is, I knew I was overpaid and would have gladly taken a pay cut. Now I'm stuck in STL, the hardest place in the world to get a decen IT job.

My only option is to move to texas where the rest of my family lives but god only knows what kind of opportunities exist down there.

Enterprise rent a car.

[/Rant]
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Damn, that's a tough situation to be in. I feel for you.

Let's all start a boycott against Enterprise.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

lol, doesnt matter if you boycott them or not, Andy taylor has money falling out of his nose, they could lose business for a month and still make millions for the year.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Damn dude, soory to hear that, Hopefully something works out for ya.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

That's a damn rotten situation. Is there any agency you could file a complaint with and have the company's employment policies investigated? This situation sounds like an unfair labor practice to me.
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

The **** of the thing is, Our WIndows Support team are the people that run those proxy reports. I know 2 of them including the dept. MGR and they dont know **** about a proxy report.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
              That's a damn rotten situation. Is there any agency you could file a complaint with and have the company's employment policies investigated? This situation sounds like an unfair labor practice to me.
              That Guy that was there 12 years threatened them with a law suit, and the bitch laughed and said ,After she couldnt provide him with a proxy report, they would have a proxy report to prove their findings by the time all that happened. Hes still talking to a lawyer, trying to bring investigation on the way we were making 22-25 dollars/hr and now all the new people are making $12. But like they said, Our jobs were electronic, they have our login id's and the ability to default our logons, login as us and do whatever they want.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yeah that sux, sorry bro.
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Enterprise sucks. We use them at work and they are so full of bs it isn't even funny
                  Sagaris

Comment

that bites. Unfortunately unless they have paper copies, any electronic document can be forged, so they would need some other sort of evidence. With several people all willing to testify otherwise, it would be easily defeated.
                    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

ouch man, sorry to hear...

Comment

not a problem, I'm going to texas for a month this weekend to see if I can find a job....These Stl Corporate ****s are not my type of people....Im thinking about saying **** the whole IT ****, and go back to my blue collar roots and resume my welding career.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

good luck with that bro, sorry bout your luck.
                          The 01 DX under construction

Comment

Working...
                          X