This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldstar
    I also agree with THEGOLDPRO. I'm afraid that along with illegal immigrants flooding into our country along with all the problems they cause us, terrorists will also be able to infiltrate our borders until we get serious about keeping illegals out.

what he said

Comment

I also agree with THEGOLDPRO. I'm afraid that along with illegal immigrants flooding into our country along with all the problems they cause us, terrorists will also be able to infiltrate our borders until we get serious about keeping illegals out.
      I think our law enforcement is too busy hunting for terrorists at the airports to worry about some illegal immigrants

Comment

Are you serious? The terrorists don't seem to have any trouble getting into our country with perfectly legal student and work visas. I'm not supporting illegal immigrants, but I don't think we should call every Mexican in the US who can't speak english well an illegal immigrant either. If you're opposed to illegals getting jobs in the states for less than minimum wage maybe you should protest the American companies who relocate their factories to Mexico or other countries where there is no minimum wage period.
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
          My ancestors entered the country legally. I have no problem with immigrants... I have a problem with illegal immigrants. There is a reason they weren't allowed in the country in the first place.
          Exactly as jnorion states. My ancestors also entered our country legally, they did not sneak in or try to evade American laws. They also came here under a quota system that was designed to allow immigrants to be assimilated into our society without overloading our facilities or our ability to accomodate them. Controlled immigration also enables us to check individual identities to help prevent criminals, terrorists and other undesirables from taking up residence in our country.

I don't see how wanting to keep illegal aliens from entering our country is in any way hypocritical.

Happy Motoring!
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

they're not gonna listen to me, so i'm not gonna bother with it.......y would a huge company that comes out cheaper by doin that listen to a 21 y/o.....and i'm female too......yea....men tend to think we're stupid and dunno what we're talkin about

Comment

Being the only mexican to reply for now, i must say i agree with some of you. I feel that we need to take more control of the border, but to use some of the methods mention are a bit cruel. The mexican that do cross over take the jobs that we as americans do not want to take for example working out on the fields. Those are hard jobs that we will not take, and were are NOT bitches!

Comment

but, see........i have no problem with u cuz u actually speak english.....and i'm sure u don't stare at every girl that walks by.......i mean, that really makes us feel really uncomfortable.....
                and i also failed to mention that i have a friend that is half mexican, half white and he's totally cool......
                i'm basically talkin bout the illegal immigrants also.....i realize i have not clarified that....

Comment

As a guy i know what you are talking about, but then what guy doesnt stare at a girl walking by...we all do it. But mostly everyone hears all the negative things that illegal immigrants (especially from mexico) bring, so then everyone starts stereotyping every mexican.

Comment

it's different if it's one dude LOOKING at u, but i'm talkin bout a whole group of dudes just STARING......it doesn't matter what ethnic group thier from, it still makes girls nervous........it's mainly mexicans that do this though......that's y i said that....and the whole speaking spanish thing, that bugs me......cuz if they're gonna stare, i atleast wanna know what they're saying.....i'm guessin it's good unless i'm superugly......lol....but, in that case, wouldn't everybody stare??

Comment

Originally posted by mzdachik98
                      i'm guessin it's good unless i'm superugly......lol....but, in that case, wouldn't everybody stare??
                      You should post pictures of yourself so we can decide

(Sorry, had to lighten the mood a little... )

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                        Are you serious? The terrorists don't seem to have any trouble getting into our country with perfectly legal student and work visas. I'm not supporting illegal immigrants, but I don't think we should call every Mexican in the US who can't speak english well an illegal immigrant either. If you're opposed to illegals getting jobs in the states for less than minimum wage maybe you should protest the American companies who relocate their factories to Mexico or other countries where there is no minimum wage period.
                        After 9/11 and the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, it is now much more difficult for potential terrorists to come into our country on student or work visas. IMO, sneaking across our borders, north and south, is now the most viable way for terrorists to enter our country due to our ineffective border control policies.

I'm opposed to illegal aliens getting any job in the US whether they are paid below or at minimum wage. Any American company that knowingly hires illegal aliens should be prosecuted and punished severely as this policy only further encourages illegal immigration and adds to the terrorist threat.

Since I currently believe in free trade and support NAFTA, I have nothing against American companies relocating their factories overseas as I believe this yields lower prices for the american consumer and ultimately benefits our economy as a whole. But that's another issue.

The illegal immigration problem as I see it is primarily a political and economic one. Democrats don't want to crack down because they believe that illegal aliens who manage to vote (yes, there are many of those) and new immigrants in general will tend to vote for the democrats. Bush doesn't want to be seen as hostile to illegal immigrants coming across our southern border because he is trying to expand the Republican party's share of the Latino vote. Many businesses favor uncontrolled immigration because they see immigrants, illegal or otherwise, as a source of cheap labor that will help maximize their profits. With these disparate motives and forces pitted against each other, it's unlikely that there will soon be any resolution of our border problems.

Happy Motoring!
                        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

After 9/11 and the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, it is now much more difficult for potential terrorists to come into our country on student or work visas. IMO, sneaking across our borders, north and south, is now the most viable way for terrorists to enter our country due to our ineffective border control policies.

I'm opposed to illegal aliens getting any job in the US whether they are paid below or at minimum wage. Any American company that knowingly hires illegal aliens should be prosecuted and punished severely as this policy only further encourages illegal immigration and adds to the terrorist threat.

Since I currently believe in free trade and support NAFTA, I have nothing against American companies relocating their factories overseas as I believe this yields lower prices for the american consumer and ultimately benefits our economy as a whole. But that's another issue.

The illegal immigration problem as I see it is primarily a political and economic one. Democrats don't want to crack down because they believe that illegal aliens who manage to vote (yes, there are many of those) and new immigrants in general will tend to vote for the democrats. Bush doesn't want to be seen as hostile to illegal immigrants coming across our southern border because he is trying to expand the Republican party's share of the Latino vote. Many businesses favor uncontrolled immigration because they see immigrants, illegal or otherwise, as a source of cheap labor that will help maximize their profits. With these disparate motives and forces pitted against each other, it's unlikely that there will soon be any resolution of our border problems.

Happy Motoring!
                          very well put.. but i drive a chevy.. i won't enjoy my motoring experience until she's sold :p:.
                          so just for the record.. immigration = good for everyone.. illegal immigration = trouble for all!! so even as mike said.. both parties will politicize every end of this issue in pursuit of a latino vote. it's pathetic. someone's gotta do something about the issue and the mexican government won't do anything.. you'd be foolish to believe anything could be done by them.. it's not in their interest and strips american dollars from entering their economy in a loss-less fashion.
                          kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                            very well put.. but i drive a chevy.. i won't enjoy my motoring experience until she's sold :p:.
                            Dude, you just bought that car... having misgivings already?

Comment

nah.. not with the car.. moreso with the ****ing dealership. there's a clicking noise and was condensation in the headlight housings.. i took it back twice for both to the dealership.. tell them to fix it or suffer a bad survey to general motors. after they 're-lubricated' the steering shaft the first time.. i still had the noise. now that they've replaced it.. i still have a noise. i'm going to have my mechanic look at it in a few weeks and see if he can find out anything. it's an alright engine.. so far no problems.. i'm just hoping my saving grace is the fact i've only been driving like 250 miles every 2 weeks since i got the car. we'll see. i'm happy with it.. i'm getting $1600 in stereo work getting done to it.. already tinted it.. might get some rims by the end of the summer. i'm definately happier driving it than i was driving my protege.. however, it's just the angst of paying for the thing.. it sucks paying so much.. but i'm happy where i've gotten thus far.
                              kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                                after they 're-lubricated' the steering shaft the first time..
                                lol, i know this is , but.....i just can't help it.....lol....i don't think u should use "re-lubricated" and shaft in the same sentence.....sorry....just the first thing i thought of when i read that
                                AND.....if i can figure out how to do it, i will post this pic.......but, i found an old rundown shop and the only thing written on the building is "LUBRICATION".....i HAD to take a pic.....lol
                                ok, back to the subject at hand......illegal immigrants....

Comment

Working...
                                X