Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My search for a new digital camera begins!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw: megapixel.net kicks ass for reviews on cameras. Don't have all models but they have a good selection to choose from. I think they are based in canada or some **** as the site is also in french.
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
      damn..I don't understand why some ppl want such a high pixel count? I NEVER use anything higher than the very base 640x480 resolution unless I'm taking personal pictures of family, friends or scenery. My max 1600x1200 takes photo-quality 5x7's.
      One of my other hobbies is photography, when I like to pretend I'm an artist. For most of my stuff I use a 20-year-old film SLR and it's great for me. I have the S200 also, and it does take really clear pictures and I really like the way it works. I like it because I can leave it in the glove compartment and heat doesn't damage it. The problem is, a lot of times I see a really cool picture somewhere and so I take out the digital camera and take a shot of it. If it comes out good there is a chance I will want to make an 8x10 or larger and frame it to put on my wall or to sell. I can't do that with a 2 megapixel camera. Therefore having a 4 or 5 megapixel actually does matter to me. If you're just taking pictures to share on the web 2MP is overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
        damn..I don't understand why some ppl want such a high pixel count? I NEVER use anything higher than the very base 640x480 resolution unless I'm taking personal pictures of family, friends or scenery. My max 1600x1200 takes photo-quality 5x7's.
        MPs are like penis size... or compensation there of.

Comment

I ordered the Olympus yesterday (Sunday). Can't wait to get it.

3-4 MP is a good range for me. I'm no pro but I like to crop large chunks of my pics sometimes, and it'll be nice to still be able to print 4x5 afterwards. Since I was able to get a 4MP with decent features when compared to the other 3.2MP I was looking at, I just see it as a bonus.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

I guess I'm too late. No one mentioned my camera, or the Casio Exilim series in general. I've had mine for a little over 2 years now and it still is great. Pentax lens, metal body, little bigger than an Altoids tin. 2 of my coworkers have ordered Exilim series cameras in the last couple of months. All of my pics I've posted up have been taken w/ my camera, except for the couple of obviously pro ones.
            "Perhaps we could get scantily clad young women holding signs high above their heads with the grid numbers..."

"Hee! While I appreciate the thought, as a user of SNUG 5 point harness, I'd have to vote against this."

Comment

The Casios are pretty nice... and along with the Pentax lens they have Sony power-saving built in.

Comment

In case anyone's interested, I came across this intersting study of NiMH batteries.
                ED

Comment

Got my camera, the Olympus D-580, and I'm going picture crazy w/ it. Also got the Powerex battery charger & batteries, and an Olympus 256 MB XD card. I can take around 90 pics at the highest quality or 12+ min movie.

So far I think the camera's great. There a bunch of options to choose from in the menus. Some people complained about the menus complexity in reviews, but all but a couple of the images in the menus are self explainitory(spelling).

There is also an option of having the lcd screen on/off when taking pictures. When on it drains the batteries pretty quick and I perfer the old school looking through the view hole (whatever its called)

I'm attaching a pic at the highest quality. Sorry 56K people.

Click for the sample shot
                  Last edited by loganss; 05-10-2005, 06:43 PM.
                  ED

Comment

nyce quality those steps remind me why i never want to go to a "Big State" University :p:

Comment

True....obviously if you are the photographer type (ahem...bruce) you'd want 10000 triga-pixels but if you wanna take pics of ur car/penissize and post them on the internet, get a ****in 1024x768 max! it'll do u fine
                      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
                      X