X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Mutual SUCKS!!!

[rant=d323]
    OMG!!!!!

I had 250+ dollars in my account, and they transferred my whole savings amount to my checking and then charged me an "overdraft fee"

WTF? 250+ dollars with NO other charges coming in except for maybe 20 bux at a resturant?

Then on top of that, they charged me another 3 dollars for "excessive use" fee. Its a new month!!!! I get 7 free transfers, and this one they did, not me.

So now my account says it has 30 some odd bux in it, when it should have 200+

I am soooo pissed right now b/c I get paid today and I dont want my money going into a place that is going to bend me over.....

[/rant]
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

boy.. we're seein alot of this crap lately, aren't we? despite your rant.. i still don't understand what exactly happened, but i wish you the best of luck

Comment

they aren't nearly as bad as Union Bank of California. Those fukers reported on my credit report that i had a balance of $120 outstanding. They NEVER contacted me regarding this, the phone number to reach them on my credit report was bogus and when i called my branch about it, NOBODY had any idea what i was talking about...the black mark on my credit report was there for atleast 3-4 years, cause i hadn't been with them for that long. this was like 1 year ago, when i was buying my house, but the broker i was working with actually had a similar situtation with UBOC and overlooked it. then 6 months ago when i bought the car, they finally ****ing called me and said they located the info, and now i owed them $162.18.....WTF! i sent them $120 and told them to ****ing shove it up thier ass. THEN, i get another call...Mr Craig you still owe us $42.18...I told the lady the story and proceded to tell her where to stick it...well after like 4 or 5 calls just like this one, the last lady just called the whole thing off and told me to have a nice day...

but i bank at WAMU and they aren't bad. Just go in and talk to them. One time they gave me a letter for my landlord cause i was charged for paying rent late...because it wasn't really my fault, kind of a 50/50.

Comment

Well I talked to them and heres what they *think* happened... they are going to send in a research letter and then I should get my money back if it was their fault.....

They guy at a shop tried to rip me off, handing me a bill for 129.95 and a credit slip for 139.95. I showed it to him and he was all flabbergasted and told me he didnt know how to write up a refund. So I showed him how to void a recipt (used to use the same CC machine) and voided the 139.95 and charged 129.95.

Well, WAMU went ahead and pulled 270 out of my gold checking to cover both put together. This of course screwed me b/c I had 250 ish in my checking and they pulled the rest for my savings. In doing so they charged me out the azz with fees.

So, even now they have to "look into it" and if it was their fault then they will credit me for the fees, and hopefully take the hold off of the 139.95 that should have been released THE DAY THE SLIP WAS VOIDED.

They are slow and will gladly put a hold on my money instantly, yet when it comes time to give it to me, they take a good 5 business days. Soooo ghey. Granted it wasnt really their messup, but they still are sitting on 140 of my dollars, when they shouldn't be.

Comment

thats why you shouldn't have such a low balance....it'll bite you in teh ass & **** up your credit report if an error like this occurs.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I use Arvest, have since I was 16 (They used to be American National but they were bought out). They have treated me great over the years...never had any problems like you guys describe. I have totally free checking, with a check card and up to $500 overdraft protection. (With a fee if you hit the negative of course) Look em up if they are in your area, great bank.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I am with Coastal Federal Credit Union and I could not be happier.

2000 White Protege LX
              Sumitomo 195/60HR14
              2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
              Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
              Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
              Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
              Kenwood Music Keg
              Black Widow Keyless Entry
              Intake- Custom SRI
              Clear Corner Lights
              APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

this may be unrelated but wanted to see if you guys know about this. it just came to my knowledge that when you use your ATM card to see how much money you have (balance inquiry) that they charge a fee for that. i woudl understand if you were using a competitors machine but NOT your own bank's machine. AND i totally do not understand how they can limit the number of times you withdraw money from your OWN freakin account, or they charge another fee on that. For God's sake its our money!

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                Mods:
                DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                  Well I talked to them and heres what they *think* happened... they are going to send in a research letter and then I should get my money back if it was their fault.....

They guy at a shop tried to rip me off, handing me a bill for 129.95 and a credit slip for 139.95. I showed it to him and he was all flabbergasted and told me he didnt know how to write up a refund. So I showed him how to void a recipt (used to use the same CC machine) and voided the 139.95 and charged 129.95.

Well, WAMU went ahead and pulled 270 out of my gold checking to cover both put together. This of course screwed me b/c I had 250 ish in my checking and they pulled the rest for my savings. In doing so they charged me out the azz with fees.

So, even now they have to "look into it" and if it was their fault then they will credit me for the fees, and hopefully take the hold off of the 139.95 that should have been released THE DAY THE SLIP WAS VOIDED.

They are slow and will gladly put a hold on my money instantly, yet when it comes time to give it to me, they take a good 5 business days. Soooo ghey. Granted it wasnt really their messup, but they still are sitting on 140 of my dollars, when they shouldn't be.
                  don't you know better how bank transactions work? you charge some **** and it's "pending", so you go "oops, I ****ed up the amount" and you "void" it (which in this case you're really making an "adjustment", aka refund).... and that there is ALSO pending.... so when you run it on the correct amount afterwards, which is ALSO pending, you have 3 pending transactions... and when they all go through, which is a few days later... you get charged for BOTH the ****ed up amount and the correct amount, the system throws a flag because you NSF'd, then the adjustment goes through at the same time, and they charge you for the NSF fees anyway because you DID go below zero even for a second.... it's retarded but that's how it works... and because of the relatively large transactions that took place, the system also charged you the over-withdrawl fee.... it does not matter how many free transactions you get a month... if a transaction is over a certain amount, any of that "free transaction" **** means nothing

it's their game, so learn how to play it

what you should've done was accept the ****ed up charges, then go to the CC machine and refund the difference

the way I see it, it's mostly your fault since the bank is just doing their routine transaction scheme... even though it's not "right", that's how **** works and you should've known better
                  TheMAN
                  '01 BJFP MT
                  '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
                  No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
                  It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
                  -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
                  -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
                  -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
                  No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

yeah looking back I thought about it and I should have just refunded the 10 bux to my CC.

Comment

Working...
                    X