Family Mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Mechanic

I need some help here guys. For some (Fill in the blank) reason my inlaws think I am the desinated wrench jockey for the whole family. My wifes two brothers one 22 and 17 The 22 year old tries to sucker me into working on his 84 f-150 that should had been left in the jy where he got it, And the 17 year old who has killed an 96 mecury mistique ,88 Ford ranger and tonight His 91 mits eclipse that He says we are going to rebuild the motor ( not going to happen ) This brother will take off chasing ass and leave me to do the work. the question is how do i get the lazy asses to work on their own crap and let me finish my 323 and my wifes cherokee whenever it needs work. both will not even pick up a wrench the 22 year old knows how and the 17 year old can break an anvil with a rubber mallet. I told them no , I'm working on something else And hire some else to do it.
    Last edited by mazdaboy1974; 08-03-2005, 01:10 PM.
    I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

charge them up front for the work, or just tell them you wont work on there **** any more...if they bring them over just let there vehicals rot or have them towed
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

ya, i don't see the problem. Just tell them how it is...that you want them to work on it themselves.

I'd tell them that they are disrespectful for taking the cars you fixed up for htem.....driving like assholes.......and ****ing them up to the point where they need you to repair them some more.

Thats just messed up & retarded. Tell them to fix that **** themselves if they can't respect your time & efforts
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I know how you feel being the family mechanic and computer support...

What does your wife think? Let her know how you feel and maybe get her to talk to them about it. I can tell you now it will make your life easier regarding your in-laws.

-Dean
        'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
        -Dean
        2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
        18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
        Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
        MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
        Injen CAI - Polished
        Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
        DaveB trim rings
        Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
        Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
        Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
        Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
        Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
        Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
        Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
        Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Charge them for the work, and storage fees for leaving their cars at your house. Just like you do to everyone You know times are tough these days, and it's just the way it has to be

Or just smack them both for being stupid and tell them if they want to drive their cars then they had better get to fixing them. They broke em, they fix em.

Comment

Take it apart and leave it saying you don't know what's wrong with it. Then have it towed back to their house.
            Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken
              Take it apart and leave it saying you don't know what's wrong with it. Then have it towed back to their house.
              My dad did something like that to one of our nieghbors years back...he was working on the guy's firebird and the guy didn't appreciate it at all, so my dad got it all taken apart then said "Ohh I need to go check on my kids now" and left him.
              The next morning the guy was in the same clothes just staring at the parts and the car and my dad just went to work like nothing happened. Heh.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken
                Theres the winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweetP5
                  I know how you feel being the family mechanic and computer support...

What does your wife think? Let her know how you feel and maybe get her to talk to them about it. I can tell you now it will make your life easier regarding your in-laws.

-Dean
                  to answer your ??? yes she does know about this and gets alot madder than i do also the 17 year old lives with us and now i have to look at not just one but 2 of his vehicles he has viloated .to see the family's rides
                  I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

just say **** off and take em to the mechanics to pay 500 dollers in labor to fix
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Working...
                    X