Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salute your flag, commrade!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20050804/wl_csm/opatriots

Interesting how government finds the mean to solve internal unrest and dissention by controlling state media. And we thought the USSR had collapsed, just goes to show you, the 'red mentality' is very much still alive.
    Kevin

Indeed it seems that way. I don't like the amount of focus put on military service, though I suppose it is a good way to show your patriotism. I don't think television is going to sway the youth to "join-up" though, haha unless they start portraying useless celebrities displaying their "patriotism," to the ruble that is....

Oh well, certainly something to keep on eye on I should think, so long as they don't try any stupid **** again, they can have their patriotic television.

Comment

Originally posted by P-rotege
      Indeed it seems that way. I don't like the amount of focus put on military service, though I suppose it is a good way to show your patriotism. I don't think television is going to sway the youth to "join-up" though, haha unless they start portraying useless celebrities displaying their "patriotism," to the ruble that is....

Oh well, certainly something to keep on eye on I should think, so long as they don't try any stupid **** again, they can have their patriotic television.
      I'm just disdained that their state media is being used in such a manor. If thats one good thing about PBS and NPR, they tend to sway the way of mainstream media, instead of an information broker for the government's policies.

Comment

Working...
      X