Awsome Day = Free Miata Rims/toyo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awsome Day = Free Miata Rims/toyo's

Ok so ive been working for like....3 hours...im bored as hell.....wanting to go home....and this really clean 90-ish red miata mx-5 pulls up with 4 new miata rims (daisies) and tires in the seat next to her...and shes like how much is it to put these on my car? .... She had miata steelies on them with that little mazda cap in the middle.....and she was putting on the original 7-8 spoked whatever real miata alloys. SO after we get the new wheels on and such.....i ask her what shes doing with her old ones and she thinks a bit and says...you can have them if you pay my bill...which was $15 so......here i am....with nicer looking rims with the actual little mazda hub in the center of the wheel....and i take them out to my car and i find out the wheels are f****** H rated toyos....the tread on the tires that were in the front where in great condition but the tread on the ones in the back were a little worn....almost bald but not that bad...we all know someone had to have been doing some burn outs heh heh.

p185/60r14 82H.......im gonna clean the crap out of the rims and pop them on tommorow...heh heh these tires are alot flatter and wider too.....im gonna get MUCH better traction then i got on my basic 13 inch steelies and boring thin tires.

Btw they say toyo i written really wierd on it....also 600+4-b-1....they look like low profile tires too heh heh....cant wait to see how it looks.
    Last edited by 91ProtegeDX; 08-25-2005, 05:56 PM.
    1991 Mazda protege DX (SOHC) 5spd
    Short ram cold air
    stock muffler back on
    NGK plugs
    14inch miata steelies w/toyo proxes p185/60r14 82H - back
    13inch protege steelies w/toyo proxes S rated - front
    stripped a/c

1993 saab 9000cse turbo 5/spd
    Garrett TB-25, solenoid cut off at 17psi
    Gutted cat w/borla muffler
    Aero spec clutch (7k miles old)
    Running 5w20 full synthetic...(241,***)
    16inch Aero rims
    Aero Moldings
    Bridgestone Potenza 205/55VR16 91V - all 4

nice skore, 15 bux for better handling is a better deal than none, even if you have to replace to tires
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

was she hot?

Comment

oh hell no.....mid 40's house wife looking....she was skinny though....eh....spent to much time admiring my new toyos and 7.4 inch width next to my current 4.9 ish crap.

id still hit it
        Short ram cold air
        stock muffler back on
        NGK plugs
        stripped a/c

16inch Aero rims
        Aero Moldings

Comment

I know what u mean bout the 13 in steelies i have possesion of 9 of them 4 14 in honduh steelies and the 15 inchers on the 323. And a set of Mecury mistique 15in stock mags ( will not fit the 323 darn) but the steelies are used for boat trailer tires. but the 13 in suck try finding tires for them its impossible no tire shop around where i live carries them anymore they have to special order them.
          I would like to get a set of 14in miata rims (daisies) there is a guy that has a shop in the next town who works strictly on miatas and when i get the $$$ i gonna pick some up b/c he has gobs of junk miatas around back.
          I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

yeah those mystique wheels are really nice.....i would know since that was the car i learned to drive in heh heh ...those 5 spoked alloys (if i remember) added a nice touch. yeah ive got bone stock 13inch steel pos with really thin tires on them.....to tell u the truth the tires on them now arent in bad shape but i hardly get any traction....like if im accelerating and i go over just a little bump or rut you can feel the tire spin and catch again....its annoying as ****..

but NOW ive got awsome 14 inch wide ass tires.....im detailing them today heh.....painting them black...and this time im gonna try to get a chrome ring around them......i tried last time on my 13's but it didnt look right since i didnt really try.....wel see how it turns out....oh and there not daisies though, there stock miata steelies that you could put a hub cap over if u wanted to...but they still look great....she was getting the daisies put on with new falkens..

best part about the steel rims i have now is that they actually say mazda on them.....heh now my car doesnt look as cheap!....ugh
            Short ram cold air
            stock muffler back on
            NGK plugs
            stripped a/c

16inch Aero rims
            Aero Moldings

Comment

I wonder how much the 13" steelies weigh. I know the miata ones weigh 18lbs, it's a tie for the heaviest of the miata rims. Nice score, though!
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

im gonna take comparison pics and ill weigh both wheels next to each other on my digital scale....since im bored and dont have a life...ha im detailing the wheels today...just went out and bought real lugnuts w/locks (couldnt find anything without locks at strauss) and bright blue bullet valve caps...haha....painting the wheels black and again...im gonna TRY to get a clean chrome ring around the outside of it.....
                Short ram cold air
                stock muffler back on
                NGK plugs
                stripped a/c

16inch Aero rims
                Aero Moldings

Comment

BUMP- update

Allright i weighed the 14 inch miata steelies and tires....so

A 14 inch miata steelie with toyo proxes p185/60r14 82H weigh exactly 31-32 pounds....with air in it thats pretty heavy....i dont know how much my old ones weigh....my old tires are also toyo but there just little s rated 13 inch 70 series....probably 6-7 pounds less...
                  Short ram cold air
                  stock muffler back on
                  NGK plugs
                  stripped a/c

16inch Aero rims
                  Aero Moldings

Comment

still a good score.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                    X