I cant take it anymore, this car has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant take it anymore, this car has to go

Man i swear i take a step up, than i take 8 back..

I took my car out for a drive tonite, cuz i was gonna drive it to work tommorrow i just wanted to make sure it was ready for heavy traffic. SO i drove it around, its all good. Start heading back and than.....it dies wont turn over, or even try to crank. So i keep trying, looking at fuses all that. And smoke starts comin up form the dashboard, truithfully i really didnt care...i actually wish it woudl have bunred up in flames...truthfully. But it didnt, i stopped tryint o crank it. Than i tried later on when i checked wires around it my engine harness wires were a pretty hot, so i was like hmm. I tried it agian, and it started to crank a bit, but then alot of smoke started to come up.. so i just stopped trying. And i checked some more, and than the main fuse blew. So im about 80% sure i got a bad harness. Im not even mad abotu that its how i got it... Shady friends. His harness burned up a bit in a small fire he had in his engine bay like a week before we swapped motors. But he got a new one out of a car in the JY. Soo iw as "thinkin" i got the new one, but i finnally relized that i got the hacked up repaired one he rigged back together, and he kept the new one for his own. **** up ****...shady shady. t all came together when i was lookin at the harness, i never really noticed it. I can see where he had his old msd ignition hooked up and all that, the harness is shorter than normal. i asked him abotu that when we were puttin it in, and he said "oh the mx3 harness is shorter" this comin from the guy who has taught me alot of **** about these cars and swaps and such, and a supposed friend i believed him . But its all BS...what a waste, and wahts the worst hes a grown man with a family and all, im just a broke ass 22 yr old guy still livin at home. And he does this shady **** too me, really sad.. im just gonan get rid of it, i dont want to, but i really want too...i cant take it anymore.ive lost 1 job, b/c of it which lead to a better one but still , i need a dam car to drive..... maybe if i get lucky i can find another protege. I learned alot wiht this one, i think its time for it too go. Soo if anyone is seriously interested in buying it As is, pm me..its really really got to go. 1800$ is agood price for it u think?

I take it your dropping-out of the hood buy???

If it's just the harness you should fix it. Confront the guy and tell him what the hell is going-on. You have a special car there, did you really go through all that work just to let the stupid harness cause you to sell it? If the engine blew that's one thing, but c'mon it's just wiring. Not trying to put you down in any way, but I think you shouldn't give up on your car it's too cool

Comment

Hey- You need to conact the MOCA guys... we just completed a ZE swap and have an extra GS harness thats ready to go. Go to our board and email Ryan Chanko (CHANKO) and I am sure he will sell you his harness.

Comment

maybe 1200 or so.. you can get a mint 1'st gen for like 2 grand, much less a jacked up one
        Joe H
        2000 Chevy Impala
        3400 3.4 Liter V6
        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
          maybe 1200 or so.. you can get a mint 1'st gen for like 2 grand, much less a jacked up one
          With a V6 swap?

Comment

Man I'm sorry to hear that. Before you sell it though try and look to see what it would be to fix it. Then kick the **** out of your 'friend'. What a dick.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
              welll its not jacked up, its just soemthing small that i dont have the will to fix... but i can attempt to atleast look at it... But im sick of it. Motor runs - tranny is good - only thing it really needs is some paint.

dotn know abou the c/f hood tho, i wont back out yet. Until i know whats up with it. I want to get another pro and start over. I dont want tto hold up everything. ILl let u know p-rotege by sunday.. i know someone would like my spot.

Comment

just get a new harness, its not a big deal.. why throw away this car? just to start out with another 4 banger stock protege?
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

im just tired of messin with it, i want to start over.

Comment

shady friends are worse than shady enemies. sorry to hear it dude.

Did you expect a clockwork car? c'mon man, you know this **** takes time and patience. I know it's hard, but don't let your patience run out, it's worth the extra effort.

Sleep on it for a day or so and i'm sure you'll come around.

I've dealt with my Protege for 15 years, as mad as it makes me at times, i'd never sell it no matter what. It's too valuable (not monitarily, but sentimental)

Comment

sux to see you sell it, but starting over can often be a really good thing.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                        shady friends are worse than shady enemies. sorry to hear it dude.

Did you expect a clockwork car? c'mon man, you know this **** takes time and patience. I know it's hard, but don't let your patience run out, it's worth the extra effort.

Sleep on it for a day or so and i'm sure you'll come around.

I've dealt with my Protege for 15 years, as mad as it makes me at times, i'd never sell it no matter what. It's too valuable (not monitarily, but sentimental)
                        i agree , i went to go check up on it today...and i was like dam i cant sell it...see hwat happens.

Comment

What kind of harness do you need? Model/motor im hittin up the J/Y tomarrow, and if i can find one i hook it up.
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i agree , i went to go check up on it today...and i was like dam i cant sell it...see hwat happens.
                            WOOHOO, see that is why I have three cars . They all drive me crazy at one time or another, but they are like my children and I can't let them go . BTW your the only guy I know with a V6 powered protege man, and I think that is a bad-ass thing to have. On top of all that, you did it yourself, the resale value in my mind is not worth the loss of that which you have invested so much time into . Just my opinion.

Comment

its ****ed up b/c for the first time i actually dared to drive more than 5 miles away form my house. It was GREAT...iw as oso happy, even got a chance to do a 5th to 3rd down shift....for the 1st time. And than i went a little further...and all hell broke loose. I need a mx3 Gs harness. Im gonna get one sunday , hopefully if not tommorrow after work. I went today but didnt have enough time to look at all of them. but the good news is the motor is fine...that was my main concern since it came from an unkoinwn vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X