Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music

I wanna compare popular music in all genres. Music that qualifies for this "Battle" is anything that has a vokal overlay.

Things to take into account..

vocal delivery - which includes pace, flow and how they go with the BGM.

beat/instruments - is it catchy. does it make u wanna bob-ya-head/ sway side to side..or make you marvel its creativity. (if try to bring in something like "carmen"..i'll..slap you)

lyrics (1)- poetic elements...word play, similies and thing of the such

L(2) - Purpose.

You should provide a portion of the song for audio aid...via AOL.com..or upload.
    or some lyrics.

Any one down for it?

::: NO flipping flaming...u loose booty e-thugs::: You can defend you're POV..just don't bust ya E-guns. mmk?
    Last edited by Enigmaz Powa; 09-13-2005, 07:46 PM.
    If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

How about you start it off, to show an example of what you are describing.

Comment

Yea, I'm obviously too dumb to describe why I like to listen to 'my music' Because I think it sounds good and doesn't directly influence our youth culture to be bumbling-idiot drones? Both plusses for sure
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Antonio Carlos Jobim
        Forever Green

Can't exactly upload it here, so I'm not sure what you want for that, but w/e.

Comment

VNV Nation - Chrome

a million faces, each a million lies
          for each and all a chrome disguise
          prompts for action force reaction
          embody promise in a sheen so pure
          hurt, the measure of blind ambition
          the testament to your singular disease
          against all wisdom you heed no warning
          your desires giving you away

if I could change your mind
          i wouldn't save you from the path you wander
          in desperation dreams any soul can set you free
          and I still hear you scream
          in every breath, in every single motion
          burning innocence the fire to set you free

your actions turn conquest to dust
          in portents of fate you foolishly place trust
          sense fear in your broken breathing
          resort to shadows till your body expires
          all creation has the promise of heaven
          and still you travel the road to hell
          i'm saying nothing for the good of myself
          but I'm still talking and you're not listening

as night descends upon the city
          the streets are cold, the lights go by
          and in the stories of the people
          a million faces, a million lies
          they'll never say they feel what you feel
          that they can see the world you see
          and in their faces, their expressions
          a million faces, a million lies
          Just d/l the song if you wanna hear it.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

meh mostly rock

Disturbed (www.disturbed1.com has previews of songs and vids so enjoy)
            System of a Down (forgot their website, but they have music on there too)
            Linkin Park
            Limp Bizkit (probably get flamed for that one, but still good stuff
            Eminem
            3 doors down
            and an ass load of other bands... I like a wide variety of music, rock just happens to be on top for me. Its probably the mix of the drums and gutair and fast paced beat that I enjoy. Anything that tends to have a steady beat to it, and pretty good rhythm I enjoy.

I do not like country however. I find it to come from no talent sell outs that will just rap really slow and put a basic rhythmatic beat behind it and sell it. Next n line would have to be the new age pop crap. IMO more non-talent sing and sell cute girl on the cover as jailbait. No offense to anyone, lol.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Breakdancing/dancing in general battles take talent instead of spewing out words about how your gf is a bitch and left you for another n*gga! lol yeah i hate (c)rap. Its so pointless. Whining about things like it ONLY happens to them. Not to mention that it endorses violence... ugh morons morons morons!
              Last edited by Tazman2; 09-13-2005, 05:00 PM.
              **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
              95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

You all haven't quite got a grip on what i'm trying here....

Funk...dat was lame...Taz..thats was left field...wat da hell was dat? Drunk?

However, i'm glad u too did that.. makes this "punch" easier.

The guy i'm going to throw out is EMINEM. "WHO KNEW" - Marshal mathers LP

I first want to say..if u blame anyform of music for the way your child acts..u're horrible parent...and "quite frankly" stupid and shouldn't have kids....thats like a parent giving a five year old drugs because they're "hyper" << da hell is dat? Do u see where i'm getting @? Anyway, on to the first example.

i like this song because it has a nice a simple beat..and the vocals are nice... I like the "small" word play...but i love the way he hits guys like taz and funk here..

here's and excerpt.
                Oh - you want me to watch my mouth, how?
                Take my ****in eyeballs out, and turn em around? <s<light word play>>
                Look - I'll burn your ****in house down, circle around
                and hit the hydrant, so you can't put your burning furniture out
                (Oh my God! Oh my God!) I'm sorry, there must be a mix-up

You want me to fix up lyrics while the President gets his dick sucked?
                {*ewwww*} **** that, take drugs, rape sluts
                Make fun of gay clubs, men who wear make-up
                Get aware, wake up, get a sense of humor
                Quit tryin to censor music, this is for your kid's amusement <<notice amusment>>
                (The kids!) But don't blame me when lil' Eric jumps off of the terrace
                You shoulda been watchin him - apparently you ain't parents <<ha-ha>>

(its sounds much better if u can hear the song, isn't there a way to upload a song?)

So who's bringin the guns in this country? (Hmm?)
                I couldn't sneak a plastic pellet gun through customs over in London
                And last week, I seen a Schwarzaneggar movie
                where he's shootin all sorts of these mother****ers with a uzi
                I sees three little kids, up in the front row,
                screamin "Go," with their 17-year-old Uncle
                I'm like, "Guidance - ain't they got the same moms and dads
                who got mad when I asked if they liked violence?"
                And told me that my tape taught 'em to swear
                What about the make-up you allow your 12-year-old daughter to wear?
                (Hmm?) So tell me that your son doesn't know any cuss words
                when his bus driver's screamin at him, ****in him up worse
                ("Go sit the **** down, you little ****in prick!")
                And **** was the first word I ever learned
                up in the third grade, flippin the gym teacher the bird (Look!)
                So read up, about how I used to get beat up
                peed on, be on free lunch, and change school every 3 months
                My life's like kinda what my wife's like (what?)
                ****ed up after I beat her ****in ass every night, Ike
                So how much easier would life be
                if 19 million mother****ers grew to be just like me?

(try to locate the song "who knew" marshal mathers LP..its sounds much better then the way some of u tight butts read it) no offense.

Also, that isn't the whole song. << >> = my side notes

<<i haven't heard this clip yet, but it should give u an example of the "flow">>

If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

Could you use the word **** anymore times, continue the pointless violent thoughts/words and prove my point some more?!
                  **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                    VNV Nation - Chrome

Just d/l the song if you wanna hear it.

vnv nation is killer. i love them. KMFDM, pig, front 242 and skinny puppy.
                    bad ass.

but i like all music. there is almost nothing i dont like or wouldnt listen to.
                    93 prtege DX, BP
                    91 626 DX,F2T

Comment

taz...I hesitate to call you slow, but...did you bother to even READ IT or did u skim through looking for cuss words? That track is ACTUALLY well written...he cusses t like a mad man for EMPHASIS. I'll invite you to READ it this time..and decipher it..that is if you can.

I especially like the end of verse 1 and basically ALL OF VERSE 2. << killed the lames with that.

Heres a starting line for you guys. **from verse 2**

D323..name >>A<< song. Pick one and present it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmaz Powa

D323..name >>A<< song. Pick one and present it.
                        Thats Eminem. I like his music b/c its offensive.

Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
                        Father into your hands
                        Why have you forsaken me
                        In your eyes forsaken me
                        In your thoughts forsaken me
                        In your heart forsaken, me oh
                        Trust in my self righteous suicide
                        I, cry, when angels deserve to die
                        In my self righteous suicide
                        I, cry, when angels deserve to die

a personal favorite of mine.

Not really for the fact that its religous impact has any sort of meaning, but the beat, and the video rocks. Dunno, just one of those songs that I really enjoy.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper626
                          vnv nation is killer. i love them. KMFDM, pig, front 242 and skinny puppy.
                          bad ass.

but i like all music. there is almost nothing i dont like or wouldnt listen to.
                          Word. I drove to Chicago with some friends to see them play back in June. They kicked so much ass.
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

In the real world people lose respect for you and tend to not listen after the 1st ****. So why would this be any different? You wanna make a point? Stop using the ****ing **** word you ****en ****ity ****!

Comment

pffft. eminem? offensive. i'll give you some offensive ****. From the "most pissed off guy on the planet " (c) some magazine

SYL - HFC

you pretentious ****ing losers
                              you've got nothing at all
                              you've got your fingers in your asshole
                              and your hand on the call
                              and you talk such ****ing horse****
                              that it's hard to believe
                              that you almost make careers out of being naive

you, you are a ****er coz you sold my guitar
                              you, you are a ****er, seeking fortune in bars
                              you, you are a ****er, coz you say such stupid ****
                              i've got a better line in pocket lint

than what you've done with it

so if you are an asshole who pretends to be a friend
                              then get your ass in music, you'll be set to the end, ending,
                              and now you've got the nerve to ask me about my temper?
                              why yes, i have become a ****ing happy camper!

i hate your ****ing faces and your trendy cut hair,
                              i hate the fact you think your job will go anywhere
                              because it's use is just the same as what i **** into the bowl
                              just like the mess between your ears is like the mess in my hole

i hate your loser friends who only come out when it's right
                              i hate that when it's down you run instead of fight
                              i'm set to think you lot in life to test the stronger ones
                              will just require some chicken **** and also sneakers for the run.

i dig it away, the **** you puked instead of swallowed,
                              in an attempt to try and find the dick instead of the load,
                              so when you move and stand aside my mood will hamper,
                              and yes, i will become a ****ing happy camper!

stuck in endless winter with your press to keep you sane
                              wait for useless numbers to grow useful once again

where the heat will come again, your flaw grows sick,
                              your flaw will send, the **** you call your business

to the place that is your end

stuck in the winter, cold and wet,
                              your stupid friends have come and went
                              and you've left behind your idiot job,
                              and it's far from a prize, you ****ing dink

...your'e a ****ing dink...yeah!
                              ...how's this for punk? dink!!!

...suck my cock , you pathetic excuse for a human being...
                              you're a neurotic, homophobic, racist dork... you've also got a lot
                              of balls to dick with someone else's life, you ****ing pseudo ghetto
                              "boy in the hood" middle class white spoiled rotten bored "gangsta"
                              wanna-be hunk of regenerated red neck bull****! thank christ you don't
                              have to rely on that staggering intellect or dynamic personality to
                              intimidate others, **** for brains. shut the **** up, and get out of
                              your parent's house and get a real job, you putz, and for god's sake,
                              quit being such a ****ing sheep!!! now grow the hell up!!!...dink.

i let it get me down because you're in it for the glory
                              and i'd rather leave with reason than go dying for a story
                              and this whole l.a. rock thing

that the malls are buying up
                              it doesn't work, it doesn't work,
                              it's so inbred i might throw up...

and now i'm put into the middle

with the contracts and the bunk, and i always end up

hearing "hey, man, punk... let's have more punk!"
                              so here i am to do a favour, save some hassle kiss and tell,
                              that either way my music's **** and it ain't ever going to sell

so if you've got the gall to take this **** blown up your ass
                              and youv'e got the cash and balls to pump the same crap out in mass
                              then hell, i'll stand aside and with your plans i'll never tamper
                              i'll sit and write you songs and be a ****ing happy camper.

yeah, send me out a contract and in clauses you will lurk
                              the smaller points so i can give it all and save you work
                              you say an album's not an album without issues left to hamper...
                              well then, ****,
                              ...i guess i am a ****ing
                              ...happy
                              ...****ing
                              ...camper.
                              and as much as it might look like rap lyrics.... this is some heavy ass metal lol. i can upload the song for anyone curious. blah, cant stand rap at all lol
                              Last edited by Kreator; 09-14-2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X