new webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esmacmil
    call me weird, but i have a real close editor's eye....

...typo on http://www.skyyindustries.com/news.html - Sixshooter Gun & Pawn, LLC" <----take that " off!!! nice site, the best of luck to you and your business

thanks for taking the time to check the site. as jnorion said, it's part of the whole quote. the dealer faxed in the letter to us. i thought about scanning it and posting the original, but i figured that would be a bit much. as for the editor's eye, i thought about just quoting part of the letter, then have the guys name and business below the quote. does it really matter which method of quoting i use?

Comment

well i guess my editors eye got trumped by my blurry hungover vision....sorry haha

I'd just leave it without quotes at all...just the disclaimer on top i think is good enough...the quotes make it look kind of funny...

Comment

Brian, I did some photoshop work today, and this is probably the direction I would head if I were coming up with a quick design for the company.

Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

that looks pretty cool. that is definitely beyond my current html coding skills, though

Comment

sorry but i hate white backgrounds. Too ****ing bright when ur online at night..burns out your eyes.

I've seen plenty of business sites with black backgrounds, even some major corporations.

But yeah, in computer science, they teach you to use white/blue as a general default b/c its "warm and relaxing" and ****.

My only suggestion, one of your links the pic is left-aligned...fix that.

Another....on the contact page, use a text box/submit button for the email, it makes it easier for people to just straight-up email the company instead of having to open another browser & login to their email accounts.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

& isn't skyy copyrighted???

With its launch in San Francisco in 1992, SKYY redefined vodka as the world knows it. Visit the official SKYY homepage.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                & isn't skyy copyrighted???

http://www.skyy.com/

SKYY Spirits LLC. is their business name. there is no other skyy industries. the project has had a few other names previously and a few other designs for the first model. either way the ATF loves both skyy's because they make so much damn money off us both

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                  sorry but i hate white backgrounds. Too ****ing bright when ur online at night..burns out your eyes.

I've seen plenty of business sites with black backgrounds, even some major corporations.

But yeah, in computer science, they teach you to use white/blue as a general default b/c its "warm and relaxing" and ****.

My only suggestion, one of your links the pic is left-aligned...fix that.

Another....on the contact page, use a text box/submit button for the email, it makes it easier for people to just straight-up email the company instead of having to open another browser & login to their email accounts.

i'm liking the grey background now. i'm not a huge fan of white either. i'll get started on the text box for e-mail submissions after breakfest

Comment

can someone post the script for how to get a form to submit to an e-mail address? the tutorial in dreamweaver is a bit confusing for how to setup a form.

thanks again for all the help.

Comment

That kind of depends on what kind of server you're hosting it on. There's a free script called "formmail.pl" that they can install directly on your server but it gets pretty confusing to call it in a web page. Search for it on google and it should give you some idea of how it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X