mx-6 generations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx-6 generations?

So When, and what changed in the Gen's of the MX-6's? I m looking at aquiring one this weekend and need some background

THNX !
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

IIRC,

88-92 MX6 1st gen
    93-97? MX6 2nd gen

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
      IIRC,

88-92 MX6 1st gen
      93-97? MX6 2nd gen

kool thanks, this will atleast make it easier to research
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

88-92 had either a 2.2 F2 engine or a turbo version F2T...some had 4-wheel steering.

buddy of mine has one, it is NOT very fast stock, but it has a lot of potential to get into the 300-400whp range with a couple grand in mods.

the 93+ are the ones u see more often..the sexier lookin ones. Lots have leather & lots of power amenities. the base models have the 2.0 FS engine found in the 01+ Protege's and the LS models have the 2.5 KL v6 engine which is pretty peppy. Another one of my friends had a mx6 of this generation and it was pretty nice, still not that fast (it was the LS and a 5-speed too) but they are so much better looking than the 1st gens
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
          88-92 had either a 2.2 F2 engine or a turbo version F2T...some had 4-wheel steering.

buddy of mine has one, it is NOT very fast stock, but it has a lot of potential to get into the 300-400whp range with a couple grand in mods.

the 93+ are the ones u see more often..the sexier lookin ones. Lots have leather & lots of power amenities. the base models have the 2.0 FS engine found in the 01+ Protege's and the LS models have the 2.5 KL v6 engine which is pretty peppy. Another one of my friends had a mx6 of this generation and it was pretty nice, still not that fast (it was the LS and a 5-speed too) but they are so much better looking than the 1st gens
          Thanks, im mainly lookin for a good DD, the 323 is becoming more and more a progect car.

thanks again for the info
          -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
          X