Just got a Mazda 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RALLYBP_94
    PS: It is a 5 speed stick. It owns. heheh.. But since im still breaking it in I've been shifting it at 3K all the time.
    Question... For how many miles should i drive it to consider it broken in??
    500 miles. That's what the dealership told me. Also said don't use cruise or drive up to 75mph. I've got ~250 miles. 500 seems so far away
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
      500 miles. That's what the dealership told me. Also said don't use cruise or drive up to 75mph. I've got ~250 miles. 500 seems so far away
      F*ck what the manual says.

Alot of whats written there makes a lot of sense as far as rings and how they work.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Go by what the dealership says, and if there's a problem you have someone to blame. 250 miles takes me like 2 and a half weeks to do driving to school and work and occasional other places.

I'd suggest just going out for a drive to another city...get something to eat then head back and you'll be good to go.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
        X