Plans for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for next year?

We got like 6-8" of snow yesterday. Boo wee.....guess thats the end of the "race" season for us here. No worries though, the protege has been out of comission for a while now anyhow. Now Im just putting the car cover on her, and waiting till it get nice out again.

Anyhow, what is everyone's plans for their protege next year? I posted a plan up in the BG section, but I doubt Ill have the money for all that I wanted to get done. So here's my more realistic plan:

Rebuild my ****ing engine:
    (maybe) .030 bore, re-hone, hot tank, etc.
    (maybe) Wiseco miata (bp) 11:1 pistons and find some new rods
    Corksport cams or Mike323s regrinds
    New injectors and axles
    Front and rear Tie bars
    New struts (kaboomed mine )
    And do something about my super ugly paint job.

I may skip the pistons because I don't think Il be able to afford an EMS like I wanted and planned. And instead just use the stock pistons and stock bore.
    Im actually considering going the turbo route this year (again, for like the 4th time) because I ran into a couple good deals on turbo's and supporting things.
    And then get a spare BP and just build that up over the course of the next year or 2 like I want to ( ITB's, 11:1 pistons, headwork, haltech etc etc) Actually I think thats what Im going to do, yep I just made up my mind!
    Eat ****.

I want to finish all the suspension on my pro. Front and rear strut-bars, tie bars, and maybe better bushings, and larger sway bars if possible.

I don't really want anymore power out of my protege, but I so want it to be able tio compete in AutoX. My pro is my DD so I don't want to kill the gas mileage or reliability factor by modding it anymore than I already have engine wise.

I just drove my camaro yesterday and after doing so I realized that there is no reason to further spend any money on making the protege fast when it will never compete with the potential of the camaro. I have begun the camaro transformation into a road-racer . Going to get fiberglass doors, fenders, hood, and trunk for $1064 (should drop around 300lbs, those doors are easily 70+lbs a piece). Then comes the rollcage and some good racing seats and 4pt harnesses. Maybe some more power later, I want to see what she can do at the next AutoX, all 3500 lbs of her . Sorry for getting off-topic

Comment

That protege could be made to compete with ur camaro no problem.
      Eat ****.

Comment

umm, put the CD player, amp, and sub from the MR2 into the Protege, fix the radiator, remove the front lower tie bar, get tires.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I didnt know you had a protege jesse?? When did u get one?
          Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
            That protege could be made to compete with ur camaro no problem.
            I am sure, but it would cost me too much to make the Pro compete with the Camaro.

Especially since the camaro already has a 380hp/450lb small block in it with Herb Adams front and rear sway bars, eibach springs up front with edelbrock struts, hotchkiss rear leafs, all the a/c and heater stuff has been removed, along with most all the dash controls, it already has all carbon fiber autometer guages, a richmond super t-10 from a firebird (aluminum housing), with a hurst shifter and all new bushingsand to top it all off it's rear-wheel-drive.

The pro can be made to compete directly with the camaro, but ultimately the setup on the camaro has much more potential than the pro. That Camaro with little or no strcutural upgrades can handle 500+hp and stock has a 58/42 weight distribution which I am sure can be made much closer to 50/50 with all the ac/heater/smog crap removed, and the fiberglass body panels up front, as well as the current engine running headers and an aluminum intake. That old 4bbl cast-iron intake weighed 28lbs

Oh yeah, did I mention I can drift that focker like nobodies business , and since it can't pass emissions testing I see no other purpose than to run it at the track. Plus I live about 20minutes from VSE (Herb Adams shop) where they specialize in 2nd and 3rd gen F-bodies .

Comment

You know what would be cooler than anything?

If you took that engine out of your camaro, and chopped up your protege and fabb'ed the motor and tranny to fit in the pro. Hell even better yet, sit that engine in the back and make it a mid engine rwd Protege....LOL...

That would be the coolest thing ever.
              Eat ****.

Comment

If you took that engine out of your camaro, and chopped up your protege and fabb'ed the motor and tranny to fit in the pro. Hell even better yet, sit that engine in the back and make it a mid engine rwd Protege....LOL...

That would definately be teh coolest thing evAr, but I don't really have the money for that . Only problem would be if I swapped that engine in the pro in the front it would twist the frame like tin can ... I had a friend when I worked at the lumber yard, he put a 454 bigblock marine engine in his nova originally equipped with an inline. He broke it and after 2000miles he laid into it one day and then his driver side door wouldn't open..he tweaked the frame... too mucho torque-o

Comment

Happy Motoring!
                  02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                  MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                  MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                  Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                  MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                  Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                  Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                  Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                  Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                  Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                  Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                  Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                  Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Meh, not like anyone cares, but...
                    My '02 Impala has only had a few modifications done to it. Thus far I've installed a new stereo system (kicks ass), tinted the windows 35% all around and put some vent shades on. I plan, if my tax return is big enough) to get 17 or 18 inch chrome wheels and possibly look at the prospects of getting a body kit. These 3.4 L motors are weak, so exhaust and intake work is pretty much out of the picture. Not to mention nobody makes crap for Impala's anyway. Any who, thats the gist of what I've been thinking about lately.
                    Kevin
                    ps. and i forgot, if not a body kit, definately a body drop.. looking like 1.4 inches in the front, 1.7 inches in the rear. too bad i haven't found other suspension goodies for this damn thing
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot about my DD my 01 blazer.....Its gonna get k&N fipk, exhaust and a 2" body lift with 31's tucked under.....

Id really love to dump gobs of cash into the 4.3l vortec that lives beneath the hood, but no money for that yet.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X