Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball Players are a bunch of Pansies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball Players are a bunch of Pansies...

Why the hell won't they play in the rain? Are they going to melt? Cows stay out in the rain, so it can't be because of the leather on the gloves and the ball. It might get a bit muddy on the infield, but thye are grown men and can get their shirts dirty. WTF? Just another reason I like football much more!!!

Re: Baseball Players are a bunch of Pansies...

Originally posted by Rider69
    Why the hell won't they play in the rain? Are they going to melt? Cows stay out in the rain, so it can't be because of the leather on the gloves and the ball. It might get a bit muddy on the infield, but thye are grown men and can get their shirts dirty. WTF? Just another reason I like football much more!!!
    because catching/hitting the ball is severely hindered when water gets on it....the ball will almost never go straight, but fowl every time.

but i do agree, they are pussies
    1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Yes rain does make it incredibly hard to keep a hold of the ball. And yes they are a bunch of pussies. This is why I play golf. It may not be the most manly of sports. But atleast in golf you can drink your ass of while playing and if someone smacks you on the ass, they get a beating.

Comment

Its all fine and dandy in Japan. The only reason the game would be called, if the winds pick-up more then 100kmh, or the lighting storm. Other then that, they play.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Re: Re: Baseball Players are a bunch of Pansies...

Originally posted by 96GrandAmAED
          because catching/hitting the ball is severely hindered when water gets on it....the ball will almost never go straight, but fowl every time.

but i do agree, they are pussies
          Same **** happens in Football and Golf, but they still play on. within reason of course...

Comment

Agreed. Football players are definately not pansies.

Comment

Nascar doesn't run in the rain either.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Well I would say the games is over now. There is no way the Marlins are going to score enough runs in the bottom of the ninth.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Nascar doesn't run in the rain either.
                  Nascar is too f*cking crowded, and I am talking about any weather. Its just the nature of the racing style that simply would not allow racing in rain. The cars are way too close to one another, and there is no way Goodyear is going to make a new, rain, tire. Teams already have enough trouble as it is to decide on which tires to run. I just think that Nascar HIGHLY depends on traction, and its cars can loose it easy enough on any day, let alone rain.
                  Its just not worth it! Ok, now, I really do not like Nascar, but this is only my opinion about Nascar and rain. All other sports are OK with it. CART, F1, WRC, DTM, ETCC, etc.
                  "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
                  X