Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-Bay Whores find new method of Whoring..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Bay Whores find new method of Whoring..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051111/...ebay_prices_dc

Now tell me, what the **** is the point? Pay ebay more money because you can't judge fair market values on auction listings? How retarded!
    Kevin

Originally posted by Kevin
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051111/...ebay_prices_dc

Now tell me, what the **** is the point? Pay ebay more money because you can't judge fair market values on auction listings? How retarded!
    Kevin
    No, pay ebay more money *IF* you cant judge fair market values on auction listings. It is not a requirement for sellers, it is merely a tool to help aid web based business' in deciding whether or not they are able to offer a new product line to their ebay stores and actually have it be sucessful.

Its aimed more at business', but is accessible to regular users.

I may be misinterpreting ur complaint, but you are under the impression that it is required... right?

Comment

No no, I understand their goal in marketing this 'product'. It's just you pay enough to sell and use their services, now you have to calculate your profit/loss on paying for MORE services? Mind you, this is like within 6 months of raising listing fees. Just seems kinda whorish to me.
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
        No no, I understand their goal in marketing this 'product'. It's just you pay enough to sell and use their services, now you have to calculate your profit/loss on paying for MORE services? Mind you, this is like within 6 months of raising listing fees. Just seems kinda whorish to me.
        Kevin
        Ohhh.
        Ya that fee increase was bull****.

But i guess if they made this new service free, everyone would use it, and that would pretty much be 'the end' of good deals on ebay.
        Everyone would know what the mean selling price of rare/used items are and would therefore set their opening bid just below it, or their reserve @ it.

Something else that pisses me off about ebay, is how ppl list their items... its so cluttered.
        For example, say you type in 'mazdaspeed' cause you're looking for authentic (or even replica!) mazdaspeed parts... and all you get is a 250 search results that are majoriry a bunch of **** that has NOTHING to do with mazdaspeed popping up.

Friggin intake air temperature resistors, grounding kits, universal rims, ****.
        Like what do these sellers think, i would like to find ONE person who was looking for mazdaspeed parts and typed in 'mazdaspeed' and ended up buying one of those stupid ebay resistors... or some universal shift boot...

And this happens for like.. nismo.. mugen...spoon...ect...
        its ridiculous.

Or when you type in Greddy blow off valve... and you get a bunch of HKS stuff and it was only picked up by the search engine because it say 'not greddy' in the title.

Or when sellers list thing and they write in it..
        "THIS WILL INCREASE YOUR POWER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
        "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
        "THIS IS AN AMAZING DEAL BUY THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!"
        "YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED THIS TECHNOLOGY IS USED IN SPACESHIPS!!"

i understand capslock emphasizes your point, but really... the point has to have some sort of validity
        when see **** like that all i could think of is skeeeeeeeeeeeeetchy

ok /rant
        my apologies

Comment

Good god, I'm with ya on that one. Searching for Rims for my Impala, I'm hard pressed to find rims that fit my damn car. When you boil down the search in multiple ways, there are about 200 listings for rims that will fit an Impala. But you cannot search very intuitively. In my case, what I need is a good search option that lets me find wheels by bolt pattern (5x115), and instead I'm relegated to a minute listing of applicable rims because I have to search under "Impala/Monte Carlo". I guess it would help if I knew Nissan and other car models that use that offset. But to the ley person, they wouldn't have the time or want the frustration of DIGGING to find wheels that fit their car.
          Kevin

Comment

Ebay needs to clean up their act, there is so much garbage on that site.

Also, you can already search 'completed auctions', it just doesn't give you fancy bar graphs, which may damn well be useless anyway. For instance if you search for xbox completed listing, there are going to be 3 of the 450 listings that have the same stuff. Most people sell console + games + extra controller + dvd remote, etc. And with cars, you search for 'miata' and you'll get a '93 that sold for $3200 and a '04 Mazdaspeed that sold for $18k. You better be able to really narrow the results or it will only be 'good' for searching single product auctions.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
            X