Didnt want it to come to this but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt want it to come to this but...

Long confusing story short but a while back I agreed to pay $100 for "sohc 1.8t" turbo manifold for the b8 engine. We pm'ed back and forth. Everything was set up, he gave me pics of the thing and even answered every question I asked about a turbo setup. We even talked for like..40 minutes on the phone. He recieved my money order but never sent the manifold out. 2 weeks went by and i finally heard from him and it was a legit excuse. about 2 more weeks went by and it was another excuse. Its been about 2 months now and i havent heard from him since 10/11/05

I stopped wanting the manifold all together after this since my car is destined for the scrap heap as it is. I kept sending him pm's that I DIDNT WANT THE MANIFOLD. and here its 11/14/05 and the last pm he sent me was on 10/11/05 does anyone know him? wtf happened? I know hes not trying to rip me off but where the hell is my money?

Also my dad got in on it and there will be a lawyer involved. Hes got like...2-3 more days to AT LEAST RESPOND until our lawyers sending out some letter demanding my money back since hes looked over all the evidence allready. So if anybody knows him personally, like if his computer exploded or something let him know allright? I really didnt want it to come to this.
    1991 Mazda protege DX (SOHC) 5spd
    Short ram cold air
    stock muffler back on
    NGK plugs
    14inch miata steelies w/toyo proxes p185/60r14 82H - back
    13inch protege steelies w/toyo proxes S rated - front
    stripped a/c

1993 saab 9000cse turbo 5/spd
    Garrett TB-25, solenoid cut off at 17psi
    Gutted cat w/borla muffler
    Aero spec clutch (7k miles old)
    Running 5w20 full synthetic...(241,***)
    16inch Aero rims
    Aero Moldings
    Bridgestone Potenza 205/55VR16 91V - all 4

Getting a lawyer involved for $100? How much are you paying the lawyer?

Comment

u sent the money to sohc 1.8t??
      Eat ****.

Comment

don't get it? Who did you send the money to?
        2000 DX, Blue
        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

YES, I sent the money to him "sohc 1.8t" and he even sent me a pm saying he got it. its been like 2 months since he told me he got the money and still no manifold, nor have i gotten a refund.

and about the lawyer for $100 thing. Its through my dads work and he pays into it out of every check for **** just like this. He sends out letters and **** for free etc. etc. looks over "cases" Were not paying a dime for lawyer fees. Its just something built into his salary. Wether he uses it or not.
          Last edited by 91ProtegeDX; 11-15-2005, 04:48 PM.
          Short ram cold air
          stock muffler back on
          NGK plugs
          stripped a/c

16inch Aero rims
          Aero Moldings

Comment

well..not sure what to say there....it sucks, but at least its only $100, and not like $10000 or something. You may have to just bite that one down and say screw it. Get a paypal account, at least with them you can try and dispute it. Ive gotten my money back 3x with paypal and ebay.
            Eat ****.

Comment

bank account and paypal.. sent under goods of course. thats the only means of staving the problem from happening in the future.

Comment

ugh, the lawyer told me im gonna have to dig up the reciept from the money order and then i can 100% get my money back.......but unfortunatly...ive got a bad feeling i threw it out....hopefully not i really dont think i would have ever done something that stupid. Glad its only $100. My dads pretty angry about it though
                Short ram cold air
                stock muffler back on
                NGK plugs
                stripped a/c

16inch Aero rims
                Aero Moldings

Comment

There's a better suggestion.. start leaving your parents out of your minor financial endeavors, it eventually comes to be a pain in the ass. Imagine you bought a $12,000 car, a big screen tv, and dished out $1400 on a car stereo.. your parents wouldn't be happy . I get in under the radar to seal the deal, and if anything should go wrong...then I bring it up.. OR just wait till mom asks a dumb question like.. "what the hell is that?".
                  Kevin

Comment

Kevin

and if anything should go wrong...then I bring it up
                    Thats exactly what happened. I mean to this point i still trust the guy but he lives in orlando and wasnt orlando like...under water a few weeks ago? I would just like a response from him. I cant do much but sit back and wait for him to one day go back onto clubprotege and read all my pms. My dad got involved because I was excited about the purchase....so of course i told him and ever since hes been like..."wheres the manifold". Thus the lawyer and stuff..I would obviously like my money back though..
                    Short ram cold air
                    stock muffler back on
                    NGK plugs
                    stripped a/c