Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving!

So I was driving to grandmas this morning, found a nice empty 4 lane road covered in ice, and decided to start sliding sideways back and forth accross the road running around 40ish. Had some real sideways slides and then hit a dry spot with the front..... that slowed the front down too much and I went sliding to the left slamming into the curb with the front tire as the car was turning backwards. Over the curb with the front, then the rear.... ohh **** the horizion is not where I last remember it. I am hanging by the seatbelt watching the change from the center console fall to the passenger side door which is now the floor (as far as grav1ty is concerned)

The motor sounds real funny better shut that off, click the seatbelt and stand on the door, Hit the cell and called my brother (both going the same place so he was not far away) Then pushed the door stright up (kinda heavy in that direction) look over the rocker and see 2 dudes standing there asking if I was ok.

Yeah I'm ok (bet they think I am crazy as I am smiling ear to ear)

One of the men offer to help shove the car over. So I hop out and we walk around the front and to the... umm roof.

The car is in the ditch about 5 feet from the curb resting on one of those tiny wire fences with barb wire on the top and a tiny 4 inch tree. The tree is dead center of the roof. I brace off the tree and we rock the car a couple times. WOOMP... Back on all 4. Take a quick look and hop in the car, put it back in park and start it. Starts and runs like normal. Put it back in gear and it wants to move but it is stuck. The guys give a quick shove and it is back on the street...

From the time I hit the curb till the time I left, less than 5 min. Damn it... my camera was in my pocket and I did not take any pictures... I am so retarted.

Anyway.. I need to get it inside and look it over good but looks like it broke the passenger mirror, small dent above the door openings in the roof. rocker reshaped front to back, bent front rim, and the rear tire equalized from dirt in the bead (it lasted to the destination). May be a coolant issue but not sure, the overflow dumped all over.

All in all tho have never rolled a car and it was kinda fun (no one got hurt) and I got to drive away....

Hope that is out of my system now!

Happy Thanksgiving....
    I am thankfull to be here!

How bout you all?

yes you're a retard for trying mad doriftos on the street... especially on ICE!!!
    TheMAN
    '01 BJFP MT
    '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
    No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
    It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
    -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
    -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
    -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
    No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

No broken glass? Photos of the car afterwards?

Nice job, glad you're safe.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
        No broken glass? Photos of the car afterwards?

Nice job, glad you're safe.

Will get some photos tomorrow. If you looked at it you would not belive it went on its side.....It was kinda beat up to begin with. I gave $150 for it over a year ago. I have less than $800 into it now. It has over 210,000 miles and took 2nd for the season in the Detroit regin solo II. I got my money out of this car and it just keeps giving me smiles....

Comment

sucks to hear that mang. Glad your ok.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grav1ty
            All in all tho have never rolled a car and it was kinda fun (no one got hurt) and I got to drive away....

Hope that is out of my system now!

Happy Thanksgiving....
            I am thankfull to be here!

How bout you all?
            Well, at least you had fun and that's the main thing.

Glad you're all right.

Happy Motoring!
            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Yeah, I bet it was fun flipping the car.

I however don't understand why you would just turn side to side to get the thing sliding...I'd slide around corners but never on straights.

That said I haven't "drifted" the Miata very well yet(did a first gear slide to a stop(gotta work on that for parking purposes), and did a 2nd gear small drift from a street to a side street). Never have flipped a car. I've gotten the Protege sideways on dry pavement several times(recent times too), as well as the 323. Never have lost it.

I'd like to see pics of this though...it's a good thing people watch WRC racing so that they know to flip a car back over as quickly as possible to get the car back in the race.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                I however don't understand why you would just turn side to side to get the thing sliding...I'd slide around corners but never on straights.
                I've done this many times...gives good practice and feel of the car. Also gets your comfortable for winding up for those good Scandinavian Flick turns.

I've gone down streets before just doing pendulum turns the whole way...full lock one way, then the other. Just don't over-do it or you'll go off if you aren't careful.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

I've done this many times...gives good practice and feel of the car. Also gets your comfortable for winding up for those good Scandinavian Flick turns.

I've gone down streets before just doing pendulum turns the whole way...full lock one way, then the other. Just don't over-do it or you'll go off if you aren't careful.

Yeah I was just out playing around and trying to see if I could get it backwards at 40 mph and return it to stright ahead (I did have it almost backwards, it is almost like setting up for a moving 360 without the follow thru.... how far can you get it out of control and still save it? well found the limit of traction vs HP), I do a lot of stunt type driving with a couple close friends, and was just trying to get more angle in the slide on a stright road. Need way more power to do that on dry pavement, more power here "may" have saved it, but it is a 1.8 DX with an auto.

Comment

I flipped my protege on the driverside 3 years ago, hopped straight up out of the passengers door, and rocked it back on all fours. I wouldve taken off too, but the tires all went flat after the beads broke off of the rims. Only body damge was a broken driverside mirror, and scratches. You can't even tell that I flipped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grav1ty
                      Yeah I was just out playing around and trying to see if I could get it backwards at 40 mph and return it to stright ahead (I did have it almost backwards, it is almost like setting up for a moving 360 without the follow thru.... how far can you get it out of control and still save it? well found the limit of traction vs HP), I do a lot of stunt type driving with a couple close friends, and was just trying to get more angle in the slide on a stright road. Need way more power to do that on dry pavement, more power here "may" have saved it, but it is a 1.8 DX with an auto.
                      more like... need more brains to see why you shouldn't be doing this ****!!!!
                      TheMAN
                      '01 BJFP MT
                      '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        more like... need more brains to see why you shouldn't be doing this ****!!!!
                        You're just jealous.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                          I flipped my protege on the driverside 3 years ago, hopped straight up out of the passengers door, and rocked it back on all fours. I wouldve taken off too, but the tires all went flat after the beads broke off of the rims. Only body damge was a broken driverside mirror, and scratches. You can't even tell that I flipped it.
                          Yeah that sounds about right.... I will take the rims and tires out to the college next Wed and check them on the nice equiptment. They only had a little bit of stuff in the bead made for a real slow leak.

You're just jealous.

Thank you!!

How do you get better if you dont try anything new or harder than you have done before?

I have raced downhill mountian bikes for years and even finished in the top 10 for my state. Have driven cars to their limit for at least 15 years and have only 2 people I hang out with that can even kinda hang. I have always had the crappiest cars out of my friends and had to push them harder to out drive them. Even took 3rd in a drift event this summer in a borrowed car I had no seat time in, as well as never being to the track before (had to pull out a 60 mph 360 for cool points on the strightaway) So how do you get better? More play time. Once in a while things done go 100% as planned, but now I have better idea of the physics behind that move.

BTW I do collision autobody for a job..... so.... fixing my messups are not all that bad!

Comment

the issue is not whether you shouldn't try **** or not.. the issue is you're a ****ing dumbass for even thinking that doing it on the STREET is ok
                            TheMAN
                            '01 BJFP MT
                            '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

Comment

He did it on an empty road.

Don't be a hypocrite, Edwin.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Working...
                              X