Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow!

Alright, so i live in sunny new new hampshire. Well today we got POUNDED, we got about a foot of snow total. And the plow guy we hired at the beginning of winter didnt show up till like 7 at night and it started snowing 6 that morning and just hammered us the rest of the day

But needless to say, my driveways got about a foot of solid snow on it, i got stuck like 8 times just trying to come up the driveway till i finally got pissed off and just hammered it and creeped like 2 mph up till i finally made it.

Anyway heres some pics that i took about halfway through the storm, and no my cars not lowered

Last edited by Vash00es; 12-09-2005, 07:16 PM.
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

getting stuck in snow=lame
    89 Supra Turbo
    87 RX-7 TII
    91 dx
    92 dx

Comment

Yeah well i have summer tires on still, and the snow was up to the bumper, making my car a effective snowplow, it does suck
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Comment

damn....wonder if thats the storm that just dumped the snow on us....

Im ready for the 100+ summer heat already!
        Eat ****.

Comment

Damn dude that sucks! it snowed about 6 maybe 7 inches the other ngith while i was at work and i had a hell of a time trying to keep the impala on the road! and got stuck a few times myself and it wasint anything like that!

goodluck getting that **** out!

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
            Yeah well i have summer tires on still, and the snow was up to the bumper, making my car a effective snowplow, it does suck
            Yea, we got over a foot here in Milford. When I pulled into work at 9 I told my boss that he had missed a spot while plowing, so I got it with my plow(a.k.a. my bumper). When I went out for lunch, the snow was up to my bumper, my wheels were almost completely covered. Oh well, lots of snow and fun to slide around in.

Comment

Impalas have no business driving in snow IMO. The base models don't have any traction control, not to mention parking blocks strike the wind silencer on the bumper on these cars. My all season radials (Stock Tiger Paws I think) don't have problem picking up traction, but trying to ford 35 mph through a tiny bit of snow is tough as hell. It's hard enough to try and steer the car through dry turns, let alone plow through a snow drift.
              Kevin

Comment

I find that mine is pretty good in the snow. The front dosent lose traction very much, its just the back thats fishtail happy, but thats easy to correct
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Comment

Snow tires anyone? mine are sitting in cleveland ATM. I'm just hoping I don't have to drive home in a blizzard.

Comment

I hate GM's traction control...my ex had a 99 Gran Prix GT with it and it didnt even help in the snow, just killed the throttle when u needed it

Comment

GM's traction control is designed to prevent moronic drivers from plowing into the gas pedal and endlessly spinning their wheels.. hoping they're going to gain traction by spinning the tires more. By limiting the throttle, the tires regain their traction and you're able to move forward. The traction control is NOT designed to shift torque to the wheel that has grip. If it was, they'd call it a Limited Slip Differential .

Where traction control does not help you is when you're pulling out of a side-street/parking lot and you insist you can pull out infront of an incoming semi in time.
                      Kevin

Comment

That's alot of ****ing snow. We got like 1" the other day, and it's already gone.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                        X