No announcement yet.

Asking for moderator suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be the thorn in everyone's side, but I must raise some objection to the current line up. Again, this isn't a means of degrading others, just a suggestion of what I see as a 'Protege-Outsider':
    Mazda96Protege - you're slapping him an off-topic mod post?? for what?
    D323 - yeah, he's a post whore, but supermod? is this because you can't find anyone area his moderation expertise doesn't apply specifically?
    JesseSays - yeah, he's a knowledgeable kinda guy, but since when is he on the forums that often? He doesn't start that many topics on this forum, and no longer owns a protege.. why supermod???
    BoostedPro - again, i have respect for the kid, but come on. I think Wil would be a better suit to Engine and Drivetrain swaps. Exterior/Interior - BG Chasis? under what guise are you suggesting this? Brakes, i have no objection to. But again, Adam is NOT on the forums that often and is not an active contributor.
    Id like to take this point to go through a few things.
    Jessesays- purchased scott's (beachnut) 94' black protege LX, has a good amount of contacts to information & in general is a good guy.
    Mazda96protege- Does indeed frequent the offtopic section often enough to lend a helping eye on things that need moderating.
    D323- yes he is a post whore. im not electing him on that. I've noticed through his entire time that hes always had something to say on most any topic. & has made a few changes in threads/posts with his supermod ship. Hes a perfect candidate.
    Boostedpro- has certainly been shown to have mods worthy of suspension/brakes for the first gen title. He has done a complete GTR swap into his protege. Im confident that he can help out. he may not be around as much as others. but that in itself really isn't important, electing other people in those space is yet to come. no one person should be left to moderate a section unless they are the expert, persay in blueledz case hes a audio judge or whatnot. im sure he could handle that.

Moderating is based on three things: Motivation, Knowledge, & lastly time.
    Time being a key factor for some people over others of course. Im not positive how long you've been with us kevin but this club was created using the first 2 I listed. I believe those are some of the most important things in keeping the club running smoothly & keeping overall morale up. motivated people attract other people to be motivated as well. this in turn will proove to bring in more users.

anyone who has currently been appointed to a moderator position who does not feel as if they are placed right or would like to be removed has only to contact me & i'll straighten things out.

Ryan
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
      I would appreciate consideration in reinstating my status. My hard work, time and effort put into these forums should, i would hope, speak for itself.

Thanks for the comments, i appreciate it.
      Your statements are modest at best Darryl!

Furthermore, I acknowledge D323 has been elemental in the smooth operation of the forums. It's just, whoring it up in off-topic all the time kinda keeps your scope of things limited at times .

Mazda96Protege, I do not question your ability to moderate, it's just kinda like a slap on the wrist in my book. I'm sure there are other means of expertise you can serve, that was my intended suggestion.

Now as for TheGoldPro, he might know too much information given the support.. I remain suspect . Just kidding of course.. whats good for Goldstar is fine by me.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
        Id like to take this point to go through a few things.
        Jessesays- purchased scott's (beachnut) 94' black protege LX, has a good amount of contacts to information & in general is a good guy.
        Mazda96protege- Does indeed frequent the offtopic section often enough to lend a helping eye on things that need moderating.
        D323- yes he is a post whore. im not electing him on that. I've noticed through his entire time that hes always had something to say on most any topic. & has made a few changes in threads/posts with his supermod ship. Hes a perfect candidate.
        Boostedpro- has certainly been shown to have mods worthy of suspension/brakes for the first gen title. He has done a complete GTR swap into his protege. Im confident that he can help out. he may not be around as much as others. but that in itself really isn't important, electing other people in those space is yet to come. no one person should be left to moderate a section unless they are the expert, persay in blueledz case hes a audio judge or whatnot. im sure he could handle that.

Moderating is based on three things: Motivation, Knowledge, & lastly time.
        Time being a key factor for some people over others of course. Im not positive how long you've been with us kevin but this club was created using the first 2 I listed. I believe those are some of the most important things in keeping the club running smoothly & keeping overall morale up. motivated people attract other people to be motivated as well. this in turn will proove to bring in more users.

anyone who has currently been appointed to a moderator position who does not feel as if they are placed right or would like to be removed has only to contact me & i'll straighten things out.

Ryan
        Like you, I have been here since inception (previously Demoninvictus). I only post my comments to keep an objective check on things. I wouldn't want someone who didn't deserve a moderators post to get it. Not that I'm implying that with any of my critiques, however, most of them are legitimate concerns. It'd be like giving Vashoes99 the moderation post for The Sale Section. While I'm sure he'd keep an eye on things, I don't know that he's built that much of repoire with club members to moderate such a section. And although a little removed from reality, I'm sure even HE would agree.. much less most of the board. I will PM you with other details shortly.
        Kevin

Comment

I guess since we are speaking openly now I will give my opinion. I think everybody listed is well-suited and will be an asset to the community. However there is one moderator choice that I find questionable. I wonder why Thapro1 was appointed mod for 3rd gen appearence. Not to be an asshole (like usual) but just look at the car. The guy is hardly ever here and in my opinion just doesn't have anything to contribute to this forum. I know I am not alone in this thought. Do you really want the mod for that section to drive a car with spray painted black body panels?

Comment

haha, i understand your thoughts on that. it is starting mod list. & folks may be relooked.
            nothings set in stone & i have yet to finish appointing people, as there are blank sections that could use modding.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Kev's been here since the pclub days.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

that makes 3 of us at least so far i appreciate the feedback people are giving.

Comment

I was around during the Pclub days, good times, good times.

Comment

we are all just a happy family ----sniffle sniffle

Comment

Eh.. don't sniffle too much.. I just farted and I'm pretty sure Charles or Rob will follow shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                        Eh.. don't sniffle too much.. I just farted and I'm pretty sure Charles or Rob will follow shortly
                        phew for a sec there I thought rob burped.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

So far it seems like the 98% majority are regular moderators, with a very select few being supermods. im assuming your not having any co administrators and your gonna be the only redname for awile?
                          Joe H
                          2000 Chevy Impala
                          3400 3.4 Liter V6
                          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Joe likes turds
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2005, 08:44 PM. Reason: resolved issue

Comment

Haha, what distinction does this category give you?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                                I guess since we are speaking openly now I will give my opinion. I think everybody listed is well-suited and will be an asset to the community. However there is one moderator choice that I find questionable. I wonder why Thapro1 was appointed mod for 3rd gen appearence. Not to be an asshole (like usual) but just look at the car. The guy is hardly ever here and in my opinion just doesn't have anything to contribute to this forum. I know I am not alone in this thought. Do you really want the mod for that section to drive a car with spray painted black body panels?
                                lol im glad im not the only one that thinks this
                                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                                225.94wtq
                                torque monster!!!!
                                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                                X