No announcement yet.

Anybody have a Motorola RAZR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a piece of ****. The phone sucks. It is not clear, drop calls left and right, and my provider sucks. Esmacmil stay away from it.

Comment

i got the razr. i'm w/ cingular. haven't had any problem at all with the phone. used to have a cheap ass seimens phone, but the razr has a much better signal all the time. i've had it for about 2-3 months now.

two thumbs up for me. sorry sanblaster1, but...different providers help different people in different locations of the world. for me, cingular was the best choice and the razr is working well. i didn't like verizon for my cell phone uses.
      Almost there

jdm tails... check
      jdm bumper... check
      ms lip... check
      ms grill... check
      ms sideskirts... check
      ms rear skirts... check
      ms spoiler... check
      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

ahh im torn - I didn’t realize that verizons cdma version (v3c) is different than the gdm (V3) version used by cingular and tmobile - i guess i'll have to wait until i meet a verizon customer who has tested it - or until some verizon people leave good feedback on amazon. Im not buying it soon anyway, my stereo/amp got ripped off a month ago, and driving with no music is killing me. So my phone with no backlight will have to wait - because the cars more important

Comment

i just went to check out the RazR today for verizon, and was very impressed with it. I like all the features and I must say it is a damn nice looking phone. I didn't like the $200 price tag for the upgrade. But I realize that it is competitively priced, i just can't swing that now. So I am going to hold off for a few months and see how it works out for me....
          2000 DX, Blue
          Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
          2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

As far as pricing, since i've been a verizon customer for a few years now, they offer the "new every two" plan for phones...so i get another 100 off that price. it would cost me 100 with a 2 year contract. i know that cingular (through best buy) was offering if at 40 dollars over thanksgiving, but im pretty sure that its up to 80 dollars now (for new customers only)

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
              Okay. So what do you mean then by crammed?
              By crammed, i meant, the heatsinks are not in proper places to provide sufficient cooling to the board. I have heard that because of the razr's overheating problems.

Comment

Well, here is the review of the V3c from verizon

if your phone should die out for some reason, thats probably just bad luck. But the other problems seem to be fixed, though this version does have some issues.

Comment

i wonder if they ever sell those brick phones..... i would like to purchase on of them.. hehehehe
                  My Toys =D

Comment

here's the deal. I work for verizon

Verizon has thier own software that they put on the razr.. it doesn't have the standard motorola gui (which i LOVE) now they have the verizon gui which you can't customize or play with really.

Many features were raped because of the software change as well.. basically I have an e815 and i'd own it over the razr anyday. It's slimmer that's it! You sacrifise features for a slimmer design. for me... function over form!

Out of like 40 we've sold about 5ish have come back for software issues.. weather it be errors or just the fact that's vzw software. However.. dropped calls is something i will say is NOT a problem with the razr.. vzw is the best service out there and i stand by it.
                    00 dakota 4x4
                    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

I hate when providers change the features on the phone, cingular does that too, stupid stuff like not letting you change the banner, when my friend told me this I didn't believe him, then I tried to change the banner on his phone, which was identical to mine. Yeah, wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                        I hate when providers change the features on the phone, cingular does that too, stupid stuff like not letting you change the banner, when my friend told me this I didn't believe him, then I tried to change the banner on his phone, which was identical to mine. Yeah, wtf?
                        You can easily get around that. If your phone has a USB-data port, there are many programs on the internet that let you change settings. I used to have an older Verizon flip phone (can't recall the model) and I bought a cable on ebay and changed a bunch of stuff. I've seen the cable for the v3c already too...it would be purchased at the time I got the phone.

Comment

Eh, I don't have the problem myself, it just irks me because I get asked about that kind of thing a lot, people think that they're doing something wrong, when it's really just the phone.

edit: although I would really like to be able to sync up my phone with my calendar (iCal), thoughts?

Comment

If you have verizon and need a new phone then get the motorola 815! Best phone EVAH by personal opinion and reviews too!
                            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                            95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

I just got one of the new palm treo's....its wild!
                              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                                If you have verizon and need a new phone then get the motorola 815! Best phone EVAH by personal opinion and reviews too!

ya i have an 815 myself.. great phone

the NEW NEW treo is comming soon.. Jan 5th I believe.. the treo 700w I'm waiting for the motorola q but i may just deal with a 6700
                                00 dakota 4x4
                                90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Working...
                                X