It's Not a Flashlight, It's an Illumination Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Not a Flashlight, It's an Illumination Tool

For those of you dissatisfied with the ordinary run of flashlights and upset that you have to carry such a plebian, low-tech device in your whip, rejoice. Now you can obtain an illumination tool worthy enough to be carried in your Protege. An illumination tool any Ferarri or Lamborghini owner would be proud to call his own. Go to: http://www.surefire.com and check out the variety of photon generators they have available. a wide variety of incandescent, LED and combo light tubes ranging in price from as little as $36 to over $200. All the light-producing implements are powered by long-lasting lithium batteries and produce much more and brighter light than a large multi-D cell flashlight.

My personal favorite is the A2 Aviator, a combnation incandescent/LED tool that, "is bright enough to illuminate a 747's tail section from the ground, yet not so bright that it would degrade night vision when used in the cockpit."

Surefire goes on to say that, "Constructed of aerospace grade aluminum with a super-rugged, military specification hard-anodized finish, and powered by two lithium batteries (10-year shelf life), the 5.6 inch, 4.0 ounce Aviator features a high-output incandescent lamp surrounded by three LEDs (light emitting diodes) set in a specially designed parabolic reflector. The Aviator's LEDs are available in five color choices: White, Red, Blue, Green and Yellow-Green, the latter being the most-used color for aviation cockpit displays." Probably the best for Protege cockpit displays, also.

The best news is that this illumination implement is available for the throwaway price of only US $195-practically a steal considering what you are getting. I know I would be proud to give this gem a place of honor in my Protege. Also available is an illumination tool rack (similar to a gun rack) that enables you to proudly display the implement openly for all to admire. No more hiding that common, ordinary flashlight in the glove compartment because you're ashamed to have it associated with your Protege. After all, you buy the best parts for your Protege, shouldn't its accessories also be the best?

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

I have a 6P with the optional high output lamp. It eats batteries like they're nothing.

Comment

Yes, I see according to the website the 6P with the high output bulb ~ doubles the light output but cuts battery life to 1/3 that when used with the standard bulb.

Happy Motoring!
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

That sounds about right. It is amazing though, blindingly bright.

Comment

I need a good flashlight i always find myself out in the dark doign something to my cars.......and i have my little crappy flashlight that usually dies while im doign soemthing lol

so i deff need to go out and buy a good bright one

Comment

Meh, maybe it's just me. I'd rather have a 1,000,000 candlepower behemouth that weighs 12 pounds than some $400 dollar flashlight better suited to the end of a gun barrel. I mean, yeah.. it's cool to blind someone with something so small.. however, I'm not attempting to do that, I'm trying to land a 747 in my backyard for christ's sake !
            Kevin

Comment

http://www.shop.com/op/~10_Million_Candlepower_Light-prod-12551836

Yeah.. something like that
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                Meh, maybe it's just me. I'd rather have a 1,000,000 candlepower behemouth that weighs 12 pounds than some $400 dollar flashlight better suited to the end of a gun barrel. I mean, yeah.. it's cool to blind someone with something so small.. however, I'm not attempting to do that, I'm trying to land a 747 in my backyard for christ's sake !
                Kevin
                Well, Kevin, I was only trying to shed some new light on a murky subject too many of us take for granted. Now, your 1,000,000 CP, 12 lb behemoth might be a good choice for the rather large, somewhat ungainly vehicle that you drive but for we performance-oriented Protege pilots, lightweight accessories are of paramount importance if we want to maintain a good power to weight ratio. At 4 ounces, the A2 Aviator fills the bill here.

Another factor to consider and mentioned on the website, although I'm reluctant to bring it up here, is the possibility of using some of these illumination implements in a secondary function as a high tech stealth weapon. Consider this scenario: some tool cuts you off. As a proud Protege driver, you naturally respond in kind and the two of you stop and approach each other. However, unbeknownst to him, your Surefire illumination implement, due to its small size, is completely hidden in your pocket so that you appear weaponless. As the tool, lulled into a false sense of security comes within striking distance, you whip out your photon generator, blind him with its intense beam, and as he stands there completely disoriented, you bash him in the head. When that aerospace grade aluminum with the super rugged, military specification, hard anodized finish tube meets his skull, there will be no doubt as to the outcome. Leaving your victim lying in the roadway, you can proudly walk tall back to your car knowing that you have vindicated the honor of all Protege drivers. I'm certainly not advocating violence of any kind but it's nice to know that if it comes to that, your high tech illumination implement will give you the edge. A dual-purpose device.

Finally, you certainly won't be landing a 747 in your backyard but someone else may have to in an emergency. Wouldn't it be nice to know that you could whip out your A2 Aviator and inspect the tail assembly for damage should such an event ever occur? I think so.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Some of the guys at work use some of those lights.
                  I still use the 1 foot one, encase I have to pursade someone to see things my way, but I still want one of the surefires.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    Some of the guys at work use some of those lights.
                    I still use the 1 foot one, encase I have to pursade someone to see things my way, but I still want one of the surefires.
                    so are you a police officer now man?
                    or should i say... officer scott?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                      Yup..
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        Yup..
                        note to self: dont speed through NY
                        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Bruce in training do they make you hold the flashlight by the gun?? i think thats funny because if your going onto a dark biulding/house and you have the light right next to the gun thats just giving the bad guy a good place to shoot you and most of the time the light is by the heart....they teach the military cops better but then we also get bigger guns lol

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                            note to self: dont speak through NY

hahaha dont think i didnt see that mr typo!

Comment

hahaha dont think i didnt see that mr typo!
                              lol, yeah im bad with typo's especially when im at work

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                              X