I'm officially an outcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm officially an outcast

Well after 5 years of excellent service, the 323 is finally being sold. I've tried to sell it before on here twice without luck, so I didn't bother posting it up again.

My neighbor asked me yesterday if it was for sale, he had a friend who was looking for a cheap car that sipped the petrol. I was waiting for the guy's phonecall and telling my roomate that I was excited to be selling my car, and my roomate told me HE'D buy it from me, and he had no idea I wanted to get rid of it.

So at least it's going to stay close. It's also fortunate, my roomate works at a tech-school and he's going to take it in there to let the kids work on (for free, obviously) and get it fixed up and running better than ever

So hopefully within the next week or two everything will be taken care of, and I'll be back down to one car (My volvo). If anyone is interested, my near-future plans are buying a motorcycle in the spring (have the cash, just waiting out the winter weather) and look into buying my first brand new car. The volvo is running great currently, but it has a lot of miles and I'm afraid that sooner or later I'm going to be stuck with some sort of $1000 repair bill, all the while still making car payments.

I'm currently considering a Mazda 3i, or Honda Civic LX (4 door), and I'm currently heavily favoring the Civic. I really don't care about performance, as I was perfectly happy with the 82hp (and that was being extremely optimistic at this point) in the 323, so the 140hp of the civic would be more than enough. Actaully, the only real reason I'm swaying towards the civic is very slightly cheaper insurance, and resale value on honda's is just insane. At the age of 23 I'm already getting old and boring, I know... But looking at 150k mile 10 year old stock Civics going on ebay for $3500, that's just plain insanity. The styling, interior is much better on the 3, but in the end I'm still leaning towards the civic.

In the end I may just end up keeping my volvo a while, paying that down, and saving some extra cash for a down payment on a car. I'm currently socking away an extra $100/mo on my car payment just for the point of getting used to the car payment a $16-18k car would be.

Anyway, I plan on still sticking around, though I haven't been on much lately. I've been fairly busy at work, which is when I usually am on here, so I haven't had much time. By the end of the work day, I'm sick of looking at a computer screen, so I don't do much of it when I get home
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Congratulations on finally getting it sold... what's it been, a year and a half or something?

Comment

Good to hear that the 323 will find a new home and that you'll be sticking around. What kind of bike do you eventually plan on getting? I thought you were done with bikes after that accident a couple of years back.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
        Good to hear that the 323 will find a new home and that you'll be sticking around. What kind of bike do you eventually plan on getting? I thought you were done with bikes after that accident a couple of years back.
        This time I'm starting small so I can develop skills a lot faster, tenatively a co-worker is selling me his '00 Ninja 250, should be a great bike to run around town on. If he doesn't want to get rid of it, I'll just find another one, they're pretty easy to find. I wouldn't mind a ex500, but they're a bit harder to find and $500-$1000 more comparitively.

Today I got my tax refund check, so I have that money burning a hole in my pocket ready for a new helmet and leather jacket, and probably some sort of casual riding boots. When it gets warm I'll be picking up a mesh airflow jacket, and eventually some pants. I'm super-excited

Originally posted by jnorion
        Congratulations on finally getting it sold... what's it been, a year and a half or something?
        Yea it's been a while. Since July I haven't really been trying to sell it, as I've been driving it as much as I could to keep the miles down on my volvo, so I haven't really been worried about it. But I figure I might as well sell it while there is interest. Now I just have to get used to the terrible city MPG in the Volvo. Blah!
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

I say sell the volvo asap and go with the new car. So much less headache and not a significant increase in expense. Infact, the volvo's selling price can be the civics down payment. The monthly volvo payments can be the civics monthly payments. Insurance should be similar, gas would be less, and repairs would be NIL!

Comment

Well I've been trying to sell the volvo for a while, but no real takers. I shouldn't be upside down on a tradein if I wanted to go that route, but I'd rather just sell it in the end.

On a seperate note, I bought some gear for my motorcycling endeavors today:

Alpinestars Stunt Leather Jacket:

HJC AC-11 Maximus Helmet:

w00t!
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

I understand what your saying about the resale value of the Mazda's.
              Good luck though. Hopefully it won't cost you to much in payments for the new car.
              I am looking at a 04 car, just not sure which kind of car.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeh also glad to hear your sold the 323 dude

And goodluck on getting a bike, i sold my SV1000S awhile ago......it was a good bike and all but im more into stunt riding and the SV was merely for cruising/long trips....so i sold it and picked up an 03 Kawi zx6r (636) and its great for cruising around and having fun and doing stunts on it (its the one in my avatar) although it does look ****ty in that pic its not i just took off all my plastics so if i did lay it down it wouldint mess them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                  Yeh also glad to hear your sold the 323 dude

And goodluck on getting a bike, i sold my SV1000S awhile ago......it was a good bike and all but im more into stunt riding and the SV was merely for cruising/long trips....so i sold it and picked up an 03 Kawi zx6r (636) and its great for cruising around and having fun and doing stunts on it (its the one in my avatar) although it does look ****ty in that pic its not i just took off all my plastics so if i did lay it down it wouldint mess them up.
                  You stunt riders are a crazy bunch, I've been checking out your avatars as they change, it amazes me what you can do on one wheel and not kill yourself. I'd die trying just about anything on a BMX bike, let alone 100hp+ bikes
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                    You stunt riders are a crazy bunch, I've been checking out your avatars as they change, it amazes me what you can do on one wheel and not kill yourself. I'd die trying just about anything on a BMX bike, let alone 100hp+ bikes
                    Haha yeh i get the "Your nuts" thing all the time lol.....thanks man i really appreciate it i have been riding motorcycle's since i was 8 or so. and then bought a sportbike when i was 16 lol all i ever did was try to do stupid **** on it so when stunt rideing became more popular i got more into it. And now i try to compete in stunt shows......i used to roll with SBF in Cali and then with Somethang Fierce in AZ did some shows with them but i havent been able to for awhile because my job so im kinda stuck here, not many people ride around here and if they do they mostly like to go in the mountain's and ride which isint bad. i love to go and ride there too, funny thing is i dont have the balls to lay my knee down in the curves lol
                    Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 01-26-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Do you have any video of some of your stuff? I always love to watch that stuff. Crazy, awesome ****
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

I actually dont have any on my comp, my sis does though so i could have her send me some and i will post up some.......if not then when the weather gets warmer im going to get some vids up for sure..

Comment

Working...
                        X