Please someone reply to this within the hour, headgasket/timing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please someone reply to this within the hour, headgasket/timing question

For those of you who know I just recently puchased a 1993 saab 9000 cse turbo (aero clone). Im getting the head gasket/timing chain installed for 500 (I supply parts) I NEED to order this stuff tonight so if theres anyone out there who knows anything at all about headgasket/timing jobs then help me out here..

Complete head gasket set-
    Endless timing chain-
    Timing chain tensioner-

Im not gonna bother with the cam sprockets or the chain guides but Is there anything else I should bother with? The water pump is 2 years old so the O ring should be allright....I cant really think of anything else and I REALLY wanna make sure I can get this thing done right the first time.

Also the car doesnt have to be up to factory par again. I just want the thing to be reliable and safe from any mechanically fatal incidents (should they occur) - thanks..i can always count on clubpro to answer my b/s...heh
    1991 Mazda protege DX (SOHC) 5spd
    Short ram cold air
    stock muffler back on
    NGK plugs
    14inch miata steelies w/toyo proxes p185/60r14 82H - back
    13inch protege steelies w/toyo proxes S rated - front
    stripped a/c

1993 saab 9000cse turbo 5/spd
    Garrett TB-25, solenoid cut off at 17psi
    Gutted cat w/borla muffler
    Aero spec clutch (7k miles old)
    Running 5w20 full synthetic...(241,***)
    16inch Aero rims
    Aero Moldings
    Bridgestone Potenza 205/55VR16 91V - all 4

make sure you change that water pump bro...
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeDX
      For those of you who know I just recently puchased a 1993 saab 9000 cse turbo (aero clone). Im getting the head gasket/timing chain installed for 500 (I supply parts) I NEED to order this stuff tonight so if theres anyone out there who knows anything at all about headgasket/timing jobs then help me out here..

Complete head gasket set-
      Endless timing chain-
      Timing chain tensioner-

Im not gonna bother with the cam sprockets or the chain guides but Is there anything else I should bother with? The water pump is 2 years old so the O ring should be allright....I cant really think of anything else and I REALLY wanna make sure I can get this thing done right the first time.

Also the car doesnt have to be up to factory par again. I just want the thing to be reliable and safe from any mechanically fatal incidents (should they occur) - thanks..i can always count on clubpro to answer my b/s...heh
      How many miles are on the engine?

Get it done right man. Strip the head down....take the manifolds off, take the cams out, clean it all up, have the head decked. If you want the car to be relaible DO THIS! Saabs are notorious for headgaskets. If I was doing a timing chain, I'd go all the way and do the guides too. While your in there, you can remove the balance shaft chain, and leave it out. You can do without that. It's just one more thing that can go wrong. Saab sells a nice gasket set that will have all the gaskets you need to do the job right: intake and exhaust manifold gasket, headgasket, valve cover gasket, ect. Do the t-stat, obviously. Depending on the mileage,a valve job might not be a bad either.....just a basic one, nothing fancy. Water pump is really easy to do when the head is off, but if the o-ring is not leaking then don't worry aboot it. Check to see if your serpintine belt and pullies need to be replaced, as well as the tensioner shock. And definetly use synthetic oil in that engine if your not already doing so. Good luck man

Comment

Working...
      X