Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC Stadium truck or Monster truck WHICH ONE?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Stadium truck or Monster truck WHICH ONE?!?!?

Dammit, i want a RC car of some kind. I figure something with some ground-clearance and durability would be a better bet since a low-ass racecar would get destroyed, and i'd have to be super careful with it.

So...I am deciding what kind of truck to get.

I've narrowed it down to a few, but I don't know too much about what models are out there. i only looked on a couple of RC boards breifly and checked teh specs.

At first I figured a Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 would be sweet since its 4wd, has lots of power and is less expensive than most of the other monster trucks (about $350 plus shiping off ebay).

But I dunno, i might get a stadium truck instead since they are much cheaper. I was thinking a HPI Rush or Traxxas Sport SE or maybe even the Rustler 2.5 (kinda expensive). I can get the former two for under $240 shipped new, or $150ish used, and they have lower power motors, but easy starters and can reach over 40mph anyways.

Anyone with experience have any comments/suggestions?

I really don't want to spend more than like $250, but for the money, the T-maxx seems like a good value, but i still dont' know if i should bother, i don't see why i'd need 4wd and a ****load of power THAT much.
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Re: RC Stadium truck or Monster truck WHICH ONE?!?!?

Originally posted by FESTIVAS RULE
    but i still dont' know if i should bother, i don't see why i'd need 4wd and a ****load of power THAT much.
    did u just say that?

Comment

Yea, i was looking at RC trucks last year, and the T-maxx was at the top of my list. The stadium trucks are cool though, too, but the 4wd T-maxx was a great deal.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

I have to T-Maxx and it is a great truck. The only thing lacking is the transmitter does not seem to be the greatest. I am thinking of upgrading the radio sometime in the future. I have a place out in the middle of the woods in West Virginia and I use the T-Maxx out there. It jumps the roots and sticks pretty well.
        Last edited by vtaero; 10-28-2003, 11:57 AM.
        2000 Protege ES
        2000 Volvo XC

Comment

Ehh, i said **** it, and got a T-maxx.

Hobbytron had them for $390 plus shipping, and I found a 10% off coupon. I bought 2qts of race fuel and a charger and battery for the ez-starter, all for $411 shipped. Better price than on ebay
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

gonna do the 323 bodyshell?

Comment

damn straight you will love that 4wd and powerful motor. Don't get me wrong the RWD and powerful motor are just as fun, and the rooster tails are hilarious, but you have a lot of control with the 4wd.. especially with beginners.
              when you get it
              becareful not to hit objects side on into the wheel as you can break A-arms and so forth..
              It is better to run over **** and jump **** --make sure you know what you are doing -- then to crash into ****..
              bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Marry your cousin and ask her.
                IO'd get the monster truck one so I can run **** over with it.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Def the monster truck

Comment

here is the nitro mt...
                    it's a nice truck and is probably what I will try to get my hands on next.
                    This little bitch flies.. especially with a fast motor.

here is the internet site for HPI... I will see if I can find some movies
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bruce95fmla; 10-28-2003, 08:09 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

this is a duratrax st , rtr,
                      it is a cool truck for a beginner and should be easily hooked up.. I have to warn you Wil
                      THIS **** IS EXPENSIVE AND ADDICTIVE
                      I easily spent almost 400 bucks on my damn nitro rs-4..

see some video's here
                      Attached Files

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

here are some movies that you can check out
                        these are all hpi cars though ..
                        You could find more movies if you wanted on the net by surfing for car specific websites
                        Sorry, but the page you were looking for could not be found, or has moved location. Please use the search box or one of our navigation links above.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                        X