Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now an Audi technician.

Promoted! w00t!

The put me in the shop, lots of help from the shop foreman to keep it legit and make sure I am doing everything right. I will probably be teamed with someone for a while so I can get the paperwork/pay rates/scan tool down.

50% pay increase! YES.

Congrats!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

God help all audi owners.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck in your new job.

Happy Motoring!
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

That kicks ass!

Has this been a career change for you, or are you still in you first one?
          1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
          1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
          2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
          1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

congrats mang.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen
              That kicks ass!

Has this been a career change for you, or are you still in you first one?
              This is my first career, I was talking to my manager about going to UTI and then Audi Academy, but he said he would look into covering my training classes. Everything fell together right and now I am in the shop, w00t!

Comment

Awsome. Hope you are successful and don't cause the shopforeman too much grief.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Congrats man! Good Audi Techs are very hard to find. Put in a few good years learning everything you can... then open your own shop and you'll make a freekin killing. I have an audi and use an independent shop. The two guys that own it were master technicians from Fathers and Sons Audi in Springfield. They are awesome and always fix it right.

Comment

Originally posted by tom
                    Congrats man! Good Audi Techs are very hard to find. Put in a few good years learning everything you can... then open your own shop and you'll make a freekin killing. I have an audi and use an independent shop. The two guys that own it were master technicians from Fathers and Sons Audi in Springfield. They are awesome and always fix it right.
                    Good Audi techs are hard to find because the south Florida dealers send people up north to convince them to move to the warmer climates. We have a ton of techs from Chicago/northeast/Michigan.

Comment

Congrats! I'm on my last, oh 6, 7 classes at UTI up here in Norwood MA, and I'm just applying for the VW training course out in PA...biggest reason being, its not too far away, every other program I'd be stuck going out to IL and such

Mods:
                      JDM Headlights + Corners
                      JDM Tailights
                      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                      Shaved Side Mouldings
                      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                      Cone Filter
                      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                      E-Bay front strut bar
                      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

I asked about UTI since a bunch of the techs in our shop went to various UTI and WyoTech locations. They all said they didn't learn anything but sheer basics and that I already knew more then they learned there.

The VW Acadamy is going to teach you 100x more then UTI did.

Comment

So then you know how much of a nightmare old school CIS is.....

K-JET
                          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Working...
                          X