What is your occupation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your occupation?

Just out of pure curiosity, how many people on here work in some field of mechanics. How many ASE certified people do we have?
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

I made that thread awhile back and alot of people posted in it. Im still in the Air Force and am Secuirty Forces we are military police and patrol tha base's and gaurd nukes and planes all that other junk lol

Would like to get out and do soemthign different but im not to sure what i want to do yet
    Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 04-06-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

bah...its about time for a new one~!~

Im a Pet Care Manager of the largest retail pet store in America!

Im responsible for the lives of over 10k fish, small animals (guinea pigs, hamsters etc) birds, and reptiles!

Pay is pretty good, but not good enough to pay off my HUGE debts! LOL
      It is a really fun job, and I enjoy every bit of it.
      Eat ****.

Comment

I was in collision work for 3 years, and decided that it was more of a hoby than a field of work that would put me into the life i wanted.

I was an asst manager in a test/tech support group for quite a few of the major game manufaturers. I just recieved a promotion Today

I am now the weekend manager for the entire building
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

so do you play alot of video games?
          Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
            so do you play alot of video games?
            lol, by the time im done at work, im HAPPY to go work on my car and not stare at a shiny box.

well I do play video games I play RTS's (C&C generals ) and I recently picked Doom3 back up for the heck of it
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

ahh...

Id was thinking of going back to school and finishing up my ase certs, but I really find no joy in renching on anyone else's car but mine...unless it is a sweet car. But the average joe's car isnt a sweet one.
              Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                ahh...

Id was thinking of going back to school and finishing up my ase certs, but I really find no joy in renching on anyone else's car but mine...unless it is a sweet car. But the average joe's car isnt a sweet one.
                Very true. I just love working on cars. I've got about 5 years experience and have only 2 ASE's, but I'm going for my next 2 soon.
                Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

I work for a very well-known aircraft manufacturer, repairing and modifying KC-135s and C-17s. The work can be very dirty at times, but it's challenging and interesting. Here's a list of the planes I've worked on; C-5s, B-52s, T-38s, C-130s, C-26s, Fairchild Metros and Merlins, Cessna 172(?), Saab 340s, and Boeing 767. I'm sure I left several planes out...
                  Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
                  '56 VW Cal Ragtop
                  www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

ha...now THAT would be a cool job....are those jets or propellor planes?
                    Eat ****.

Comment

dam, bill has all beat in the cool job department
                      -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

i dunno man....

playing with fishies.......building 500mph planes......

scale could tip either way....haha
                        Eat ****.

Comment

I am a mechanical engineer for a Tier 1 supplier. I mainly work with trucks: Ford, DCX, GM, and Nissan.
                          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Im a mechanic at the moment and I have worked on cars since I was 5 but I get bored with jobs quick. I havn't gotten ase certified yet but have scheduled for the tests coming up. I have also been a lead carpenter, a computer tech. in college, worked on a boat, and done industrial painting. Wrenching is still one of my favorite jobs and I like working on the average joes cars just for the fact that you never know what you are going to find. Some average joe cars have some fairly hi performance engines that no one expects.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

I still don't make **** for money

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Working...
                              X