Exodus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exodus??

Seems like people are moving to another forum.
    I don't like the format of that forum, so I'm staying here till they tone things down and redo the site. Many great contributors are apparently boycotting this site, which obviously forces me to jion that one. Oh well....

u dont have to boycott this place....

still loads of good info here.
    Eat ****.

Comment

lol GO Imazda!!!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
        u dont have to boycott this place....

still loads of good info here.
        I am not! But so many well informed protege owners are there, hence the almost necessary move to iMazda is needed. I hate hat site! There is WAY TOO MUCH **** going on! This site was about (98% about) all things Protege. iMazda has crap about Volvos, MPV's, Axelas, Probes, and Millenias. There are at least 10 car models on the site that do not need to be there. I never cared about the drama, it didn't effect me.

Comment

It's a forum for FWD Mazdas, what the hell, do you want them to ignore some of those cars?! Just because you don't understand the connection between the Mazda 3 and the Volvo S40, don't care that the '99-'06 MPV is FWD, and just think that it should be a Protege site doesn't mean it's not good. I like it. I'll continue to come here as well.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
            It's a forum for FWD Mazdas, what the hell, do you want them to ignore some of those cars?! Just because you don't understand the connection between the Mazda 3 and the Volvo S40, don't care that the '99-'06 MPV is FWD, and just think that it should be a Protege site doesn't mean it's not good. I like it. I'll continue to come here as well.
            Oh, it is s good site. I'm just so used to this one.

Comment

and people are welcome to remain at both as well, as long as the url linking to advertise an "exodus" is not abused. i would'nt do it to them, nor will i forbit anyone from being here and there.. i think we make a pretty good protege-exclusive site, and a damn good 1st gen one... and i agree that the drama should be cut out of this place.. if that means another well rounded, well informed forum, so that the drama can finally be removed at the expense of a few senior members, so be it. the more info the merrier. i'm not out to see anyone burn thier bridges, but if people make that choice anyways, there is nothing i can do to prevent that.

i think a more well-rounded site is a great idea, personally.
              Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
                and people are welcome to remain at both as well, as long as the url linking to advertise an "exodus" is not abused. i would'nt do it to them, nor will i forbit anyone from being here and there.. i think we make a pretty good protege-exclusive site, and a damn good 1st gen one... and i agree that the drama should be cut out of this place.. if that means another well rounded, well informed forum, so that the drama can finally be removed at the expense of a few senior members, so be it. the more info the merrier. i'm not out to see anyone burn thier bridges, but if people make that choice anyways, there is nothing i can do to prevent that.

i think a more well-rounded site is a great idea, personally.

That is definetly a statment I can respect
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I'll be part of any site that I can contribute to, I'm interested in, and that is a good community. So I will be here and there to learn and to help with what I know

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                    I'll be part of any site that I can contribute to, I'm interested in, and that is a good community. So I will be here and there to learn and to help with what I know
                    Very well put.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
                      .. i think we make a pretty good protege-exclusive site, and a damn good 1st gen one...
                      Hear HEAR!
                      BG owners need a place on the Internet! All the other forums are more angled towards the other generations, which leaves this one and mazda323performance as well. 1st gen Protege's are an important transitional model for Mazda, and the only model to afford the company a Group 2 manufacturer title! It is by far and large the most unique, extensive, and varied Protege to date. There is no GTR 2nd Gen, no AWD 3rd Gen, no two door hatchback ever made after this model. Other generations seem so contrived, so common. As a BG owner, I can aspire to converting my car into that turboed AWD someday, while the rest of the FWD cars stay on the tarmac.
                      And plus, no other car came factory branded a GTR than the 323 and the Skyline.
                      OK, so I'm preaching to the choir. I just liked this about wihandyman.com and that's why I'm staying put.

Comment

its a common misconception that the greater knowledge has left to the new forum. Youd be extensively surprised @ what knowledge is still here. & what knowledge imazda doesn't share.
                        I find no problems with a site that encompasses a future of mazda. I don't believe for any glimpse of time, that imazda will ever be able to support the community that is shared with clubprotege. with such a varied spectrum of cars as mentioned. its hard to have a conjoined feeling for any one specific type of vehicle.
                        either way, its utterly childish to IP ban both me & dave as well as spamming clubprotege.
                        IF imazda wants its foot in the door, fine. Just earn it on your own turf. not by walking on ours.
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

We.. us.. them.. ours.. they are not operative words of 'community', at least in this discussion. Somethings in life can be negotiated, somethings can be ignored..some even taken for granted. Needless to say, it's a sorry sorry picture I see. Good luck guys.
                          kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevin
                            We.. us.. them.. ours.. they are not operative words of 'community', at least in this discussion. Somethings in life can be negotiated, somethings can be ignored..some even taken for granted. Needless to say, it's a sorry sorry picture I see. Good luck guys.
                            kevin

the whole "us and them" thing is a referce to the sites and the administrations themselves, not our feelings towards the community fostered under the associated domains. clubprotege's motto has always been "by the community, for the community".. as it is very much a group effort to accomplish anything. if i had 50,000 posts and bpt323 had the rest, then maybe we could call this "our community", as it would only be him and i.

this is not "my" or "our" community, but the website domain is in fact owned under a property title under my name. and there's a very fine differentiation. this is not "our community".. in fact, the very word "community" means "many individuals".. this is not a slave trade, this is a auto enthusiast website, with many enthusiasts, headed and owned in joint by two people, but run and contributed to by thousands of free individuals. free to leave, free to stay, free to post dissenting opinions and ways of thinking about things. i value all of those opinions, but i dont have to agree, and have the final rights as to where to draw a line as to what's healthy for the community at large, and what is not.

i hope that clears up any misunderstanding. now, let's stop the word-picking, and get back to the business at hand, being what we are.. an auto enthusiasts forum. as i've already mentioned in another response to you this evening, you are welcome to remain a part of any, either or both communities. but i hope sincerely that this resolves what you appear to think we are referencing as "ours".

seeya around the board. i look forward to your intelligent and thought provoking threads well into the future.

Dave.
                            Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

you all just say cut the drama out, but youre starting it out with
                              comparing these sites and saying the 1st gens are the best

Comment

Working...
                              X