Hey all - it's been quite a while......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all - it's been quite a while......

Holy crap - it says my last visit to this site was 12/30/04.......wow.

Some of you might find me familiar, some not. I was a pretty active member here back in the day, when I owned my '02 Pro5.

Alas, after 3 solid years of ownership, I was forced to sell her. My wife and I moved from Long Island, NY to Arizona, and I had no use for the car out here. I came out here to do home remodeling/real estate investment, so a pickup truck is my daily driver now.

BUT!! After a lapse of almost 2 years, I am once again a proud Mazda owner! I just laid down a deposit on a 1997 Miata, STO edition. It'll be the wife's daily driver.

She's a sweet car. The STO was the last of the "flip-up headlight", first generation bodystyle. And - much like some of the limited Protege's that have been released - this was a short-run car; only 1500 were made, and each has a numbered dash plaque.

They're all "twilight blue" (only STO's have ever used this color) with tan tops, tan leather interior, and Enkei rims. Quite a classy look.

My specimen has only 52,000 on the clock - barely broken in!

Here's a pic - not of "my" car (I don't pick it up 'till Monday - argh! The wait is torture!), but it's exactly like mine since they all look alike:

I'll poke my head in once in a while now, since I'm back in the Mazda family.

Hi and hello to the ol'school members from back in the ProtegeClub.com days, and the people we met at the one Protege meet my wife and I attended up in Connecticut.

Hope some of you guys are still around!

good to have you back.

Comment

Welcome back. I certainly remember you. I met you and your wife at that meet we had in Kent Falls, CT. I was there with my son. I believe you were showing us that subwoofer box you had constructed from fiberglass. Very impressive.

Good luck with the Mazda.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Welcome back, That is a sexy miata glad to see it has a good owner

Comment

I remember you fromProtegetech I think.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yes yes.

That was me with the 'glass box in the hatch of the P5. Dual 10's. I've still got pics of it somewhere........

In fact, the tutorial website I created may still be up and running (as well as floating around a few other car forums).

Wait!.........Could it be............??

Still there. I can't believe this guy has kept the thing hosted for what must be getting on 4 years now.........

That was my first and last 'glass project - though I see the distinct possibility of another one in my future for the STO............

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Comment

yeah i remember meeting you at the kent meet. good to see ya back, and hope all is well in AZ...
              2000 DX, Blue
              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I think it's worth keeping the glassing tutorial up since people still refer to it.

That's a damn nice looking Miata!

Comment

The fiberglass tutorial isn't even on my webspace. I believe it was a guy from CarSound.com several years ago who offered to host it, and it looks like he still does.

Damn -I wish I had put a hit counter into the HTML........

Nice to see so many familiar usernames. And that many of you guys are still thrashing around in your Proteges!

Comment

Originally posted by hihoslva
                    The fiberglass tutorial isn't even on my webspace. I believe it was a guy from CarSound.com several years ago who offered to host it, and it looks like he still does.

Damn -I wish I had put a hit counter into the HTML........

Nice to see so many familiar usernames. And that many of you guys are still thrashing around in your Proteges!

i've been through a few of them (proteges) since we saw you last. lol. nice to see you again.
                    Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

welcome home
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                      X