mx3 vs. pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx3 vs. pro

been doing a lot of thinking recently and i'm considering trading my old pro in for an mx-3... i can get a v6 one for around 2 grand right now and its a tough decision... cause i know there is a lot more i can do with the mx3... any advice in this area?
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Well, the v6 mx-3s aren't the greatest. They're a tiny 1.8l and make about the same hp/tq as a protege lx. KL engine swaps are pretty common and cheap, though.

Just noticed that you have a '95, i.e. second gen... Yea, I'd probably trade for an MX-3. (No offense 2nd gen guys)
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

lol yeah.. it hurts... i'm going to end up having to drop about 5-8 grand just to get my car to start looking really nice.... and it will still be far bellow most other cars in either speed or looks... depends on which i really concentrate on.... so i'm really considering trading it in for the mx-3.. and yeah the swap to the 2.5L engine in the mx-3 will cost very little if done throuh a-spec and it includes a suspension / brake / and frame support upgrade
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by protegeboy78
        lol yeah.. it hurts... i'm going to end up having to drop about 5-8 grand just to get my car to start looking really nice.... and it will still be far bellow most other cars in either speed or looks... depends on which i really concentrate on.... so i'm really considering trading it in for the mx-3.. and yeah the swap to the 2.5L engine in the mx-3 will cost very little if done throuh a-spec and it includes a suspension / brake / and frame support upgrade
        "very little through A-spec" ?? hahahaha....sure.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
          "very little through A-spec" ?? hahahaha....sure.
          Care to enlighten? $4300ca as their quoted price seems awfully cheap to me for everything. Do they tach on extra costs, what? Please be more specific.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

I'd sell you my MX3 if the price is right. KLZE motor swap, no rust on any mechanical parts or body.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
              Care to enlighten? $4300ca as their quoted price seems awfully cheap to me for everything. Do they tach on extra costs, what? Please be more specific.
              I helped David do his ZE swap. Total cost, under 1200 USD. That included all new belts, gaskets, pumps, etc.

Brake upgrade? yeah, sure. The stock ones are fine. A set of springs and struts is 500 bucks. So now you're still under 2000 USD, still well under A-spec.

It's NOT hard.
              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
              -93 MR2, 129 ES
              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i was comparing their cost to almost everyone else i'd seen... they charge much less... but yeah doing it myself would be cheaper... just not sure where i'd get the other engine....
                festivas rule.. how much are you looking to get for it? and do you have any pics?
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Yeah the motor is a direct bolt in. The brakes on the GS rock too, comes with some good handling thins too. If you swap in a america 2.5 it will be even cheaper. Either way cruise over to mx-3.com for details.
                  -torp.
                  94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
                  81 Celica Gt..

Comment

Well I suppose it's not as good of a deal if you're swapping it into the pro, I must have been thinking of that
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

trade that ****...
                      1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                      1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                      2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                      2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                        I think you guys have missed the fact that you can't swap a kl into a second gen.

EDIT: my bad, you were talking about the MX-3 not the pro.
                        Last edited by midnightblue97; 11-10-2003, 07:20 PM.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I'd sell it if the price was right....I'd basically want what I've put into the car. If you don't want the stereo, i could remove it. I'd have to think about it though.
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Dude, you just got that MX3 and after all that work you put into it your already wanting to get rid of it? What do you plan to replace it with?
                            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                            X