So i went to the junkyard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i went to the junkyard!

OK i went to the junkyard in the search for a engine for me self (BP). io came accross several 89-94 proteges but they had a SOHC engine. Then it hit me that a Kia Sophia has the same bp. SOO i found a 1997 Kia Sophia BP05 engine. Now my question is, will that fit and work on a 1996 mazda protege?

ps: do yall have any part requests for next time i go out?? i'll look and see if i can find em and just sell them to you for what i pay at the junkyard and for how much it cost me to ship it to you.

What other cars have a BP engine that can work on my car? like what all fords, mazdas, kias ..etc. have the same engines??

Thanks
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

grab the tranny & axels if nothing else.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
      grab the tranny & axels if nothing else.
      are they much beefier than the crap i have now?
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!

Comment

bump, i would like to go get it this wekend if it works!

Comment

Which "salvage" yard did you go to...CherryAvenue had one the last time I was there...
          If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

oh sorry it was a 93...
            If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

Originally posted by tehstocker99
              What other cars have a BP engine that can work on my car? like what all fords, mazdas, kias ..etc. have the same engines??

Thanks
              91-96 EGT/LX-E
              91-96 Tracer LTS
              94-97 Kia Sephia

Comment

pull-a-part downtown has 8 90-94 proteges...theres bound to be an lx there...they were rare for awhile there, but last time i was there there was 3 or 4.....its a good drive for me...but its usually worth it.

pullapart.com
                ClubProtege

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie94Pro
                  pull-a-part downtown has 8 90-94 proteges...theres bound to be an lx there...they were rare for awhile there, but last time i was there there was 3 or 4.....its a good drive for me...but its usually worth it.

pullapart.com

lol yeah that's where i was, and found the kia...i'll look out for a tracer next time i go

Comment

Yeah, the last time I was at Pull-A-pud...them bitches were stripped of anything worth a damn...great prices, nothing you'd want...try Cherry Avenue or Antonio's. Good Luck
                    Last edited by Meltdownsky; 09-03-2006, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Hey if I'm in town when you find what want and don't have the means to transport it...I've got a truck and plenty o' tools, just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdownsky
                        Hey if I'm in town when you find what want and don't have the means to transport it...I've got a truck and plenty o' tools, just a thought...

i'll make sure to keep that in mind! thanks

i'm prolly just gonna go pull that kia motor and see what happens, and if nothing works, i'll just clean it up and sell it for some more cash.

Comment

Man there gotta' be something around B'ham that would suit you...the guys at cherry avenue give a 90 day warranty with their motors and trannies, call them...probably closed today and try Antonio's too [tomorrow]...I swear I'd hate to see you go to the trouble to transplant one and the bitch not run [that's a lot of work]...is all that's wrong with your's is just single overhead cam ? Long story short there are way many more "salvage" yards around town and the surrounding counties to have to settle for what they got at that one, trust me I know a yard north of B'ham @ 45 minutes that has at least 3 acres of nothing but Mazdas...sorry can't recall the name without my phone book back home...IM me later if ya want...I dunno' KIA's kinda' spook me...

Comment

Working...
                          X