I hate applying for jobs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate applying for jobs!!!

So here's my dilemma and I'm gonna just vent for a bit.

Ever had a job that doesn't pay you enough for the hard work you do?
    Ever had a boss/supervisor that rewards others while criticizing you?
    Ever work for a company that could care less for your livelyhood?

Then one day, you get tired of being used and abused, so you start applying to an array of positions. You are a good person, professional, and know how to be a good interviewee (sp?). Your references are good, your work history solid, and your skills are appropriate. You get that promising lead, that turns into an ever promising interview, whereas afterward your "inside man" assures you that the company is very impressed and will offer you the position, for everyone is excited and impressed with you. Then one day goes by and they aact as if you never existed!! WTF?? Two interviews, credit/background/drug checks, and hours of time...all for nothing!!! So now I am here. Back at square one. And the worst part is, I don't have a clue as to what happened!!! Let me tell you, such a rejection does a number on one's self esteem.

/end rant

Theres a lot of jobs out there just keep trying. Not sure if your interested in this kind of work but I know Home Depot pays very well. I believe 12 to start and is flexable with hours. Just an idea. Good luck on your search.
    hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort
      Theres a lot of jobs out there just keep trying. Not sure if your interested in this kind of work but I know Home Depot pays very well. I believe 12 to start and is flexable with hours. Just an idea. Good luck on your search.
      Home Depot pays that well?! Wow i'm surprised... i assume you need to know your saw from a hammer though!

PS: The economy is **** lately and most jobs and their bosses are idiots so i'm with you on the i do my job real well but having problems finding one as well!
      Last edited by Tazman2; 10-10-2006, 04:54 PM.
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Not only are they firing Samir and Michael, but they're giving me a promotion!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          One of my favorite movies!!!

My problem is no one wants to hire me because I'm starting school in Jan. and I'll need a flexible schedule because of that. looks like I'll have to go work at La' Targe at least for this semster coming up.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by teknotexan
            So here's my dilemma and I'm gonna just vent for a bit.

Ever had a job that doesn't pay you enough for the hard work you do?
            Ever had a boss/supervisor that rewards others while criticizing you?
            Ever work for a company that could care less for your livelyhood?

Then one day, you get tired of being used and abused, so you start applying to an array of positions. You are a good person, professional, and know how to be a good interviewee (sp?). Your references are good, your work history solid, and your skills are appropriate. You get that promising lead, that turns into an ever promising interview, whereas afterward your "inside man" assures you that the company is very impressed and will offer you the position, for everyone is excited and impressed with you. Then one day goes by and they aact as if you never existed!! WTF?? Two interviews, credit/background/drug checks, and hours of time...all for nothing!!! So now I am here. Back at square one. And the worst part is, I don't have a clue as to what happened!!! Let me tell you, such a rejection does a number on one's self esteem.

/end rant
            Man, very sorry to hear about your situation...I'm curious as to if you're married[with kids] and insurance is an issue [companies can to pay less for single worker's coverage]...what ever the case don't give up, if the current job sucks keep trying. Doors have a funny way of opening when you least expect it. Also personally I'd never count on the "inside" man to get me on at a job, you really can't apply at too many places...also try to consider more than your current profession, sometimes total change can be good. Also companies drag ass around sometimes so maybe the jobs you did apply for just haven't called you back yet...you seem very bright and educated from your post so someone out there needs you just as much as you need the change...GOOD LUCK...you'll get your chance to tell current employer to F**K OFF soon enough, be patient...
            If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
              damn it feels good to be gangsta

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift
                damn it feels good to be gangsta
                But if they take my stapler...I'm gonna' have to burn the place down...
                If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdownsky
                  But if they take my stapler...I'm gonna' have to burn the place down...
                  I can do Milton's voice SO well with that stapler thing!
                  **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort
                    try $9.50 to start, and ass-rape hours too
                    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                      try $9.50 to start, and ass-rape hours too
                      Knew it was too good to be true!

Comment

Damn, gotta' wear that goofy assed apron/vest thing too...God I hate uniforms...

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                          Knew it was too good to be true!
                          My best friends mom got me a job there when I was still in highschool, and they literally told me to work till 12 and sleep in 1st period.

BTW she is a supervisore and recently broke $12 an hour
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I don't think I'm going to work anymore...................I never really liked that anyways.

Comment

finding a good job sucks. took me 4 years to find one worth keeping ( i had my issues i hope it wont be that bad for you)

Comment

Working...
                              X