I'm fkn done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elscotto80 View Post
    I had a bit of an idle issue and I sprayed some carb cleaner in the TB and it helped a bit. Try that maybe.
    tried everything. might have it figured out. she running good. 900 rpm at idle,good mpg(so far,we'll see how city driving is),200rpm at startup but drops down to 1500 after maybe 15-20 seconds

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
    diggin the new sig. nice signs lol

diagnostic this week?
    nope shes running pretty good. i'm going to see how city mpg goes before i touch anything else.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

good, what do you think pushed it over the edge?

Comment

good, what do you think pushed it over the edge?
        dunno. i put a new sensor in(see pic below). i dont know if that did it but thats the sensor i replaced the night i started this thread and couldnt get it right. I had the ecu probed to check the numbers for the vaf and couldnt get that right. every time i got it close the engine ran like pure shi*. finally i just unprobed it and just got her running the way i liked. i cant explain how i did it. i would like to probe the o2 to check the vaf reading but the way its running is damn near exactly how i like it. so i might just leave it alone lol.
        Attached Files
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

if it ain't broke (anymore), don't fix it.

Comment

if it ain't broke (anymore), don't fix it.
            (sniff.....sniff....sniff) I smell BOOST in the near future.
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

I've been getting just over 200 miles out of a FULL tank of gas since I got my car.

I just ripped the SAFC II out last night, what a joke!

I filled 'er up today, so I'll see how how it goes. It's already running much better.

Comment

Now this is strange. The problem is back now. This morning it wouldn't go lower than 1200rpm. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the weather. Because it ran the same way friday night and it was cool out. But sat was pretty nice out and ran good. This is some confusing ****.

Maybe someone can answer this question. Over where the vics solinoid is there's 1 sitting right next to it and that one goes to the fpr. I did the readings on both plugs with a multimeter. The vics was 13-14v and the fpr one was 2-3v. But here's the thing, there's more vacuum coming from the fpr hoses than the vics. Are my numbers right? Could the low voltage from the fpr solinoid plug be the cause of the strange idle issues?

Jho, you going to do the hookup like I offered? Let me know. I think I'm going to rebuild the vj11 b4 putting it in and hopefully I can find a tbird housing and wheel b4 its done.
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                  Jho, you going to do the hookup like I offered? Let me know. I think I'm going to rebuild the vj11 b4 putting it in and hopefully I can find a tbird housing and wheel b4 its done.

IDK man, I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X