• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F350 Kills FC RX-7!!!

Right Click, Save As
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

That 350 looks so big next to the rx7 heh.
    It doesn't look like that was a good start off to me, the 7 sorta jumped ahead and it looked like he stopped to sniff some roses.... and what the hell is all that black smoke about coming from the 350?

Comment

hahaha, that was hilarious.
      It sounds like a Turbo desiel... looks like that could explain the smoke.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Thats definetly a diesel and the reason for the smoke, but with runs like that, i don't see the fuel savings adding up

Comment

Those Ford diesel trucks will '**** n git'. We have a Limited edition Excursion at work that we tow an enclosed trailor with. Even under full load, the truck has NO problem accelerating.
          -Kevin
          -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
          -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
          -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
          -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
          -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

yeah we have an f30 super duley at work, v10 turbo diesel, we pull or 22 foot coastguard boat around in it all the time, and it has no problems geting up and going, and the boat weighs like 7000 pounds plus out trailer, so figure that out.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
              yeah we have an f30 super duley at work, v10 turbo diesel, we pull or 22 foot coastguard boat around in it all the time, and it has no problems geting up and going, and the boat weighs like 7000 pounds plus out trailer, so figure that out.
              Let's see.

F350 Super Duty dually
              The V-10 is a gas engine.
              The turbodiesel (Powerstroke) is a V-8.

0-60 with that set-up (13k GCW) is probably about 20 seconds. It just feels fast, because your brain thinks it should be slow with that much weight.

And the best of the 7.3L Powerstrokes made 520 lb.ft. of torque, and most of it made it to the rear wheels (conservatively rated). The latest 6.0L Powerstrokes are rated at 560 lb.ft., and are again conservatively rated, and get an extra gear in the automatic.

Oh, and the reason for the black smoke is to keep the engine from melting. When you ask for that kind of power out of a diesel, the way you keep it together is to dump in more fuel than you can burn (same thing you do with a gas turbo), and when diesel doesn't burn completely, you get soot.

That truck was probably pushing 40psi of boost to get that kind of acceleration. If you saw the one in the latest Car and Driver (the GTO Silver State story), they were making 700hp and 1300lb.ft., although they likely couldn't do that for long (in other words, even though that's enough power to move an 80k lbs semi, the engine couldn't do it continuously).
              Last edited by Davard; 11-25-2003, 11:48 PM.
              David Avard
              '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
              '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
              '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

so you're saying a diesel HAS to run rich to keep it from "pinging"?
                TheMAN
                '01 BJFP MT
                '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
                No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
                It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
                -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
                -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
                -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
                No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                  so you're saying a diesel HAS to run rich to keep it from "pinging"?
                  HaHaHaHa. :rofl: You so funny.

Considering that "pinging" is essentially how a diesel works, that's pretty funny.
                  Last edited by Davard; 11-26-2003, 07:51 PM.
                  David Avard
                  '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                  '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                  '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Working...
                  X