No announcement yet.

Digital SLR camera recommendations???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can show you good and bad indoor and outdoor pics taken with any camera.

Comment

and just so you know, don't let resolution be too big of a deciding factor, i know as in the case of the rebel xt vs xti, the xti has 10 mp vs 8mp in the xt, but in the review it says that it makes the pictures noisier and the camera is less sensitive. so pixels aren't everything. and make sure you get to go actually check out the camera in person, form factors vary a lot. not having to lug around an enormous camera is nice. and i was visiting a friend who works at circuit city the other day so i played around with the camera's for a bit, and you notice that some are a lot more simple to use than others too, which is another reason to actually go check them out.

as an amateur photographer, i don't think any one you buy is really going to limit you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
        and just so you know, don't let resolution be too big of a deciding factor, i know as in the case of the rebel xt vs xti, the xti has 10 mp vs 8mp in the xt, but in the review it says that it makes the pictures noisier and the camera is less sensitive. so pixels aren't everything. and make sure you get to go actually check out the camera in person, form factors vary a lot. not having to lug around an enormous camera is nice. and i was visiting a friend who works at circuit city the other day so i played around with the camera's for a bit, and you notice that some are a lot more simple to use than others too, which is another reason to actually go check them out.

as an amateur photographer, i don't think any one you buy is really going to limit you.
        ok, thanks. i gotta go to boise on saturday to get my new tires put on, and get my car aligned, so i was gonna go to a few camera stores and actually play with the different cameras. i have the nikon d40x and the rebel xti in mind, but i want to play with them for a few minutes and see which one i like better. i am fully aware that i need to check them out. one reason i have my sony was that i played with it for awhile, and i couldn't get anyone to let me hold and play with a SLR, and my Sony is super easy to use and nagivate with. i also want to see weight factor, size factor, expansion kits/sets, and how it fits in my hand and how i like it.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Indeed the megapixels is just a sales gimmick especially in the NON DSLR world! Its all about the quality of the sensor and the processing engine, etc. it runs!
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

haven't read the entire post, but i am currently saving money for the D40X..if you're not going to get into professional photography this camera is great!!! i love it and want it very much bad!! iw as going to go with the D80, but too pricy...maybe when i "grow up" i'll get me a D200..one can only dream
            Originally posted by 90prtege
            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
            Originally posted by Turpro
            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
            CRZbrussian: that sux
            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

well, i just got back from having my tires put on, and looking at cameras. i played with the canon rebel, didn't like the way it felt. played with the d80, liked it but it's semi heavy. played with the d40x and liked it a lot. probably gonna go with a d40x and a 18-55 lens and a 18-200 lens and call it good for now until i am ready for more advanced lenses and settings. now i just gotta save a little bit of money.

oh yeah, know anyone that wants to buy a nice camera? i'm gonna sell my old one.
              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
              X