HELP!!! me choose a MX3 bodykit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!! me choose a MX3 bodykit

Ok...I just got my inverted CF hood this past thanksgiving weekend. I won't be content with my car until I fix the front bumper which is all ****ed up with holes and whatnot from the previous owner and I was thinking of getting a bodykit.

First lemme show you the hood I got...this is a pic of it on a Red MX like mine:

Now my options for a bodykit are abundant...since there are like 10 kits for the MX3, but most every one of them are FUGLY or too ****ing low to be practical. My car is lowered about 2" so keep that in mind.

HEre is a pic of the mazdaspeed front end (besides the one shown above)

This front retails for $300 from Corksport and apparnetly will cost like $120-150 to ship to me...kinda expensive seeing how mild it looks.

The mazdaspeed kit also has side-caps:

These barely cover 1/3 of the side of the car and are VERY MILD IMO

Here's the full mazdaspeed kit on a white MX3:

All-in-all this kit will cost me $600-650 shipped which IMO is ridiculous seeing how little it adds to the styling of the car.

Now there is a new kit being developed for the MX3 that MIGHT look good...but so far it isn't looking too great. THe guy is designing 3 front ends (drift, EVO5 and blitz) and "drift" skirts and a "drift" style rear end which is almost completed.

Here are some links to how the kit looks:

Completed front and sideskirts:

KRAZYKUSTOMZ.COM is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

Rear bumper in progress:

KRAZYKUSTOMZ.COM is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

EVO5 bumper he's going mold onto MX3:

My issues with this kit are how ****ing low the front sits. I like how the front looks, but look at the wheelgap and compare it to how much clearance the bumper has. If the car had no wheelgap, the front would be touching the ground.

The EVO 5 bumper on the other hand...looks like it might not be nearly as low to the ground...and personally, i like how it looks compared to the Mazdaspeed bumper, but again, he hasn't even started the molding process yet.

Also..the rear is kinda fake looking too.it doesn't go with the flow of the car. I don't like how the side things stick out and how much the bumper sticks out from the back. I doubt i'd even use that if I bought the kit.

THe skirts however...I think I would rather get then the mazdaspeed side-caps even if I do end up getting a MS front bumper.

Anyways that 4-peice kit will cost $500 and there won't be shipping since the guy lives in PA and i'll go pick it up. THe skirts by themselves are $175, and the front bumper (any of the 3 styles) is $200

Anyways my questions to you guys are:

1: What do you think is a better value, the MS kit (knowing it has decent ground clearance) for $600 shipped or the 4-peice kit for $500? Which would you get if you owned a MX3?

2: Which skirts do you like better...the MS caps for $150 or the "drift style" for $175?

3: Which front bumper would you get MS or EVO5? Assuming the ground clearance on the EVO5 turns out to be identical to the MS?

4: If you think the drift skirts and EVO5 bumper are better, would you pay the extra $125 for the rear bumper? Or do you think its too ugly?
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

This is the link to the pics of the progress of the new bodykits for the MX3......it has like 100 pics if you want more angles.

Comment

my first question is fiberglass or Urethane?

No matter how good it looks, fiberglass WILL get ****ed up.

If just for looks, my vote goes to the MS kit. Sure it's mellow, but it'll fit best and could possibly be urethane...and if not, then it won't hit much and will seem lower with your 2" drop.

Comment

i don't see your logic between how "wild" a bolt on kit is vs it's price. That's stupid...

which brings me to my next point, bodykits are stupid
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

having a ****ed up stock bumper sucks too....

and there are no urethane bodykits

Comment

I really like the mazdaspeed kit... Might be a little pricey, but it's subtle and looks great.... the other ones look good, but are too wild for me.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
              having a ****ed up stock bumper sucks too....

and there are no urethane bodykits
              i hear the oem pieces rawk
              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
              -93 MR2, 129 ES
              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

id go ms front, and the side skirts...and find another rear bumper

Comment

i like the ms front... and side skirts from the krazy kustoms... i like the evo front except for the massive fog light spots... i'm actually hoping to buy a mx3 also soon and i've been following the progess of those kits and i too think they are low but maybe the evo won't be as low although if i got it i'd have the holes for the lights filled in or changed somehow
                  In the Garage
                  Black 93 MX-3 GS
                  Bp powered
                  GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                  MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

I dig the MS setup on all counts
                    -torp.
                    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
                    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

are those MS bodyparts OE Mazdaspeed (aka from Japan) or are they Corksport replicas????

big difference between teh 2.

I vote for the MS front end, side and back you can do whatever you want.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

oh, and i second what jesse said about body kits

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                          i hear the oem pieces rawk
                          umm most places have front ends for less or about the same as teh oem... the oem one for the 2nd gen protege was like 300 (what the bill said from the body shop) picked my erebuni one up for like 350 shipped and looks better than OEM

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                            umm most places have front ends for less or about the same as teh oem... the oem one for the 2nd gen protege was like 300 (what the bill said from the body shop) picked my erebuni one up for like 350 shipped and looks better than OEM
                            Yea but the nice thing about oem is that they aren't fiberglass.
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

Bling bling.

i'll prob get the MS bumper but i'm going to wait til the guy finishes the EVO style to see how it turns out...if it turns out super amazing then i'll go with that one.

I am still hung on the skirts...the "drift style" ones are a bit too agressive, especially if i got the MS kit, so i don't know yet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X