lollercoasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lollercoasters

So i went to six flags: great america today. I am disappointed in the intensity of the coasters. It's easily been 8 years since i've been there, and I was nervous at first. Then I rode the viper. fun. american eagle. scary as fux. then the steel coasters. Superman pulled some serious g's in the back row, but was lackluster. Iron wolf was pathetic. batman was alright. the demon was shady.

I guess what i'm getting at is what is the draw to spending $xxx on the entry fee to wait (no lines today, thank goodness) on a hot day in the summer? very confusing. On top of the low thrill factor, the ride lasted no more than 2 minutes on any of them. Someone please justify a theme park for me. Or am i just too old now...

youre too old now

*steps off your lawn and turns the music down*
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
    -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

nah to get a good thrill now (unless smaller rides do it for ya) you have to go to those with the something-EST rides. I'm going to the one at Cedar point Ohio in september. Amusement park with the most variety of coasters (or something like that).
      **Never be afraid to try**Remember, amateurs built the ark...professionals built the titanic**

Comment

Once you've done any manner of competitive motorsport at all, autocross, rallyx, track day, maybe even even one of those indoor kart tracks, well, rollercoasters rather lose their edge.

But some of those b@$tards at cedar point do look pretty kickassss
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I'm not one for coasters...I use to ride "The Runaway Minetrain"(I think that's what they called it) at Six Flags St. Louis and that was it...it was tame, probably the tamest coaster there. Then I went on a band field trip in 8th grade to K.C. and we went to Worlds of Fun, where I was peer-pressured into riding the Magna(I think that's what it was, it's the biggest coaster there) and it was fun, kinda...I have a fear of heights, so I was pretty anxious on the way up...no, very anxious, and staring at the seat in front of me so I wouldn't look down. I dunno, it's just not my type of fun.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

List of record breaking roller coasters. Learn what is the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in the world.

road trip anyone?

Comment

ill go, but only if you wear your "depends" diapers. im not stopping every 30minutes because you have an over-active bladder. and don't forget, to bring some air freshener. GOD HELP YOU if i smell an old man fart. i will leave you and your wheelchair on the side of the road.
              "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
              -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
              -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Harsh. I always wear my depends. My farts smell like roses, btw. Lets do it...
                lemme pick up my meds first, though.

Comment

Working...
                X