worst case of bad luck anyone can have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst case of bad luck anyone can have

well its been a ****ty ass 2 months. the pro has just about had w rench go thru the windshield ill explain!!

step one replaced weak motor with a JDM import
    head gasket blows 3 days later
    pull it all apart wait for warranty on the head and gasket
    finally got everything all rounded up new gaskets, rebuild my stock head, new head bolts, ect ect ect
    start to put it all back together thinking wahooo finally its all going smoothly until it shears off the top 3 threads on the far left upper head bolt hole!! WTF!!!
    start to go balistic but then figure ok thats the problem thats why the head gave out the threads were weak and just didnt get enough torque.
    no big deal YET!!!!! so far im at about 1200 bucks including all the new **** in the motor and clutch.
    pull the sob out wait for almost 2 weeks till i can make a trip to the mainland to do a warranty exchange on the motor and get a replacement
    in the mean time move in with the inlaws cause our apartment/condo sold and we had to move out. our new place isnt available for us to move into until july 1st
    went to the mainland this tuesday night got home wednesday night thursday spent the day cleaning new motor and trying to salvage all my old gaskets out of the old jdm motor managed to salvage most. pulled head and replaced with my fresh rebuilt head got to the lower head bolt on the #3 cylinder yanks the top 3 threads out of the block again i havent even got the first step of 50 foot pounds done as same with the first time omg wtf im gonna scream now. this point im ****in balisitic i want blood. i started to think what the hell could be causing this. light turns on check head bolts again did this when i got from dealer but maybe something is wrong with them this is ****in killing me now.
    check em against my original head bolts. nope same size. grabbed a jdm head bolt omfg found it the damn jdm head bolts are almost a 1 and 1/2 inches longer. put in original head gasket that blew out and stock jdm head bolts in and checked to see if this block is ****ed also nope wahooooooooooo salvage d everything is working out great still have about 8 full turns in head bolts and as long as you have at least 6 your golden as my machine guy says.
    so round up anouther head gasket cause the last one was crushed twice to 50 ft pounds so a 3rd time wouldnt be smart. get it all back together thinking everything is going awesome.. FINISHED so i thought bleed the clutch start it and other than normal hla ticks damn she sounds nice wait for hla's to pump up let it idle for about 30 min so far so good. everything but hood is on the car wahooo time for first drive get in put car in reverse let out clutch the most god aweful gear grinding teeth jaring noises came from under the hood wtf car dies get out check make sure everything is good so far everything looks ok start car back up wahoo not the motor try trans again same thing try 1st nope wont go 2nd goes but car goes no were and sounds horrible 3rd wont go in 4the same as second 5 wont go in reverse kills engine wtf check linkage nothing wrong.... as of today saturday night i have a new trans sitting in my warehouse out of a 92 EGT and monday will pull trans out and replace with egt trans ill let you all know wtf happened to the stock trans but i know it aint good

LETS hear you top that rash of bad luck so far i think im almost @ 1700 bucks for a damn engine that smoked at start up god what a disaster
    Check out the Pics
    sigpic
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
    Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

ouch. that ****ing blows. Try not to hurt it because of the bad luck!
    protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

Nothing like having new parts go bad...I recently paid $450 for my clutch and then it went out at just about 3,000miles, had to do it all over again

Comment

damn dude that sucks
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

that sucks man. but hey, people have had worse luck than you. i cant think of any right now, but ill let you know if i do
          "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
          -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
          -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

good thing you got a JDM motor with low mileage rather than a US junkyard motor. o.O
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
            Originally posted by HopelessCow
            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Sorry to hear Jeff. Hope all works out.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

well got it on the road and driving awesome thank freaking god!!!
                tore it apart and found out what happened. ITS MY FAULT!!!! gears fell into trans and i didnt look when i put the cv joints in duh!!! so everything would have been fine but as i said i didnt look to make sure and when they fall and you try to drive them they make lots of parts go BOOM. see attac hed pic there is many many more cracks but this is the worst
                Attached Files
                Check out the Pics
                sigpic

Comment

As disapointing as this is Jeff, 'Brother it will fly" you have the stuff!
                  David
                  sigpic Ky

Comment

ouch dude! i feel your pain though lol. i was moving about 4 hours north (just over a year ago now). 2 days before i left i popped the headgasket on my Protege GT and cooked the main bearings (well probably did lol). Slapped in my low k BP engine, slapped on all the bolt ons, new parts, and crap on it. drove it for 2 days and my left rear strut TOWER went on the car, blew the strut mount out and almost thru my trunk!

after about 2 weeks of going back and forth from new to old place (had a job at the new place) i managed to get the car back here. only to have the damn left frame rail go on me and basically bent my car in 1/2! WTF!

so car was lightly driven back to my parents place (old place) and parked for good...damn cars lol.

JACK.
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Damn that sucks I rememeber you saying something about that when I did the frame off on the dakota

But on a good news I did a 200 mile round trip with it yesterday and other than needing a clamp on the overflow hose it did awesome only lost about 1/4 of a cup of coolant so wasn't bad. Put a zip tie on it cause hose clamps that small tend to just destroy the hose anyways. Not loosing any fluids now. She smoked a lil puff of blue yesterday morning only saw it cause I used the remote start and was looking for it and it was a very very small puff of blue but after the run I think she is all broke in other than normal break in time cause this morning no puff at all. Crossing my fingers
                      Check out the Pics
                      sigpic

Comment

Holy ****! That sucks. Nothing ruins your day more than defective, incorrect or broken parts. I feel your pain.
                        sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Working...
                        X