Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with paypal

Well im finally getting it, i opened a checking account today,
    got a paypal account, But im unsure of how the whole process works.
    Does paypal take fees out or whatever?
    Im just lost on the whole process.

if someone pays through paypal does it go directly in my account?

Can someone pay me through paypal, then i send something out, can they like take there money back?? thats my main concern.

Im still reading up on the site..
    But theres a lot of people here that have paypal and i thought i would get a more "straight up" answer here

Another thing is the "withdraw limits"... So is paypal like anothe account hooked inot the current one..im just so lost
    Thanks for any/all replies
    -Matt
    Last edited by Empire932; 10-21-2008, 04:06 PM.
    This is lolZz

Find answers to your PayPal questions. Browse common questions, watch videos, or ask the Community.

Your PayPal account can be considered like an extra checking account that is interest earning. You must transfer money from your bank account into PayPal in order to use the money via PayPal. You are only charged convenience fees when someone sends you money. Once someone sends you money through PayPal, they cannot "take their money back". PayPal is a very secure way of doing business online. I don't know anything about withdrawal limits. I have a credit limit attached to my PayPal account which I love and has gotten me out of jams more than once.

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by martiniac; 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM.
    miss my '93 LX at every corner
    photo album
    Catch me on Facebook

Comment

when people pay you money it goes into your PP account.
      If its a credit card transaction PP asks if you want to accept it.
      If you do they charge you a fee.
      If you do a curecny exchange they charge you a fee.

People can file PP disputes that will sorta "freeze" your account preventing you from giving/receiving monies. If you have no monies in your account and they find you at fault they MIGHT take it out of your checking account. They might not. They do what they want.

Set a limit on how much money you're comfortable with loosing and keep it in your PP account/PP checking account.So make your PP acount link to your NON-primary checking acount or be like me. As I don't have my MAIN PP account linked to my checking account. This covers my ass when the **** hits the fan.And is much easier than setting up 2 checking accounts and swapping money from the 2.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Well I got it mainly to recieve payment,
        And one of the buyers is from canada (im in ny)
        so there would be a fee for that.

But once the money is in my paypal account, can i "withdraw" it and put it in to my checking account?
        And is there a minimum or whatever for the paypal account?
        This is lolZz

Comment

yeah you can deposit the money you have in your paypal directly to your regular bank account. or just leave it in there and when you buy something else use that money instead.

Nick
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

Yea but im probly only going to use paypal for recieving. for now..since i sold the mx3 i wont be buying stuff online as much...so i can just recieve it then put it in my account right. and then be done until i need it again. right?
            lol

EDIT: one more question. Can he send the money without my adding a bank yet? or do i have to have an account to recive money?
            This is lolZz

Comment

You can recive money all you want. Its just going to be in your acount untill you either use it or get a check from PP. Which is a rip of at $1.50 and takes like 10 business days.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

paypal is also a must for ebay i love having it

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                  You can recive money all you want. Its just going to be in your acount untill you either use it or get a check from PP. Which is a rip of at $1.50 and takes like 10 business days.
                  no you can transfer the money to your bank account it only takes 4 biz days and its free

Comment

i recommend you read the paypal faq.

Comment

i did read the faq. theres really not too much info.

But i can transfer it to the bank account.
                      ok thats what i was wondering.
                      This is lolZz

Comment

read the help section that should help out

Comment

Originally posted by Empire932 View Post
                          Yea but im probly only going to use paypal for recieving. for now..since i sold the mx3 i wont be buying stuff online as much...so i can just recieve it then put it in my account right. and then be done until i need it again. right?
                          lol

EDIT: one more question. Can he send the money without my adding a bank yet? or do i have to have an account to recive money?
                          Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                          my CORRECT response

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                          no you can transfer the money to your bank account it only takes 4 biz days and its free
                          reading. fundamental
                          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

So if i "connect" my bank account, i can get the money transfered.

but if i leave it how it is. i can get a check from them.

right?
                            This is lolZz

Comment

Working...
                            X